- November 27: Toyota Camry AC Smell Lawsuit Lingers in Court news | 14 days ago
- November 22: Toyota Recalls 834,000 Sienna Minivans to Fix Sliding Doors recalls | 19 days ago
- November 12: Toyota to Pay $3.4 Billion in Tacoma Rusted Frames Lawsuit news | 29 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 37 days ago
- October 27: Toyota Recalls 5.8 Million Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 45 days ago
2004 Toyota Camry
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2004 Camry. It is almost certainly misleading.
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2004 Camry is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models had an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where their data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Camry acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2004 Camry, our data for the Camry is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Camry's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
Worst 2004 Camry engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- check engine light on4
- sudden unintended acceleration3
- cold engine start problem2
- loosing oil2
- oil loss due to bad head gasket and bolts2
- blown head gasket1
- car surges during acceleration1
- engine blew up1
- excessive oil consumption1
- throttle actuator control system faulty1
- ticking sound caused by injector1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control205
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal27
- NHTSA: Engine19
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling18
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine8
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control2
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.