CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.

Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.

2007 Toyota Camry brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry:

2007 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 1 of 8)

Dec 202016

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. While driving 42 mph, the ABS failed. In addition, the vcs and check engine warning indicators illuminated, and an alarm sounded. In addition, smoke appeared underneath the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to the dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 120,000. The VIN was not available.

- Bayside, WI, USA

Dec 192016

Camry

I was on the freeway in traffic. When I step on the brake, the car didn't make a full stop. I end up hitting the truck in front of me. When my car struck the vehicle in front, the airbag didn't deploy.

- Hayward, CA, USA

Oct 222016

Camry

ABS actuator problem: My 2007 Toyota Camry has a failed ABS actuator. This will cost me $2,000 to replace. The ABS and brake warning lights lit up on the dashboard and the tachometer started fluctuating wildly, so I had it towed to the dealer. I have had the car for 9.5 years and it has about 78,000 miles on it, so I believe the original part should have lasted longer. I am aware of the ABS actuator problems on the 2007-08 Camry hybrid models, so I think you should investigate the ABS actuators on the regular Camry models too.

- Gainesville, FL, USA

Sep 282016

Camry

Car was recently shipped from overseas. When I got my car, the dash lights will not go off, the ABS motor will not shut off causing my battery to drain constantly, speedometer will not work, gas gauge moves slow, engine shakes and feels like it is going to cut off. The car was stationary and in motion. Car air condition occasionally blows hot air.

- Gretna, LA, USA

Sep 182016

Camry

My 2007 Toyota Camry is having ABS and brake lights on, and this seems to be a safety hazard, mileage on the car is 138000. I have heard from many people, also this can be seen in carcomplaints.com that this situation is commnly seen on 2007 Toyota Camry. This seems to be a manufacturing defect. I feel very unsafe to drive this car, but I cannot afford to repair this as I study that the repair cost is high. Do I need to suffer this loss since I bought Camry or can Toyota recall this and provide free service

- Novi, MI, USA

Jan 012015

Camry

ABS and brake light comes on and the odometer an tachometer stop working or go up and down wildly at the same time the air conditioner blows hot air. Also excessively burning oil 1 to 2 quarts per 1000 miles.

- Belleville, IL, USA

Aug 032016

Camry

On an intermittent basis, brake and ABS indicator lights illuminate on instrument panel, tachometer and speedometer are inoperative or indicator needles jumping, temperature gauge inoperative, A/C not functioning. Occurs while driving and when stationary. Based on internet research other drivers state problem is with ABS ECU. Dealer indicates Toyota will not fund repair. Based on apparent frequency of problem, Toyota should cover cost of repair. Per dealer, part costs about $1700.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

May 112016

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. While driving various speeds, the speedometer became inoperable and the ABS light constantly illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure could not be diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 138,000.

- Morrisville, VT, USA

Jul 202016

Camry

July 2016, check engine light came on. Diagnostic indicated code P171. Was advised it was a laundry list of systems to check for this code. ( replaced the following; flex pipe, 02 sensor, spark plugs and fuel pump. For a total of 1400.00) while driving on I-95 at 60 mph, airbag light, brake light, ABS light and seat belt light all illuminated at the same time. Techometer surged out of control, engine temp gauge displayed no reading and speedometer went to zero. Oh and yeah, the ac that was blowing very cold air switched to warm or hot. All of these issues happened at the same time on the highway at 60 mph. Ironically, the check engine light did not illuminate and the mechanic is unable to determine the cause as there is no code issued from the computer for this very dangerous problem. This problem happens randomly and there is no warning. The engine performs normal during this issue with the exception of the ac that fails every time. This issue can and has happened when the car is sitting parked with engine running and while in motion. I am so afraid that this eventually will cause a serious accident or death. And the most annoying part is no mechanic can tell any of us why this happens or how to fix it. Please, please, help us before the worst happens.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Apr 152016

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. While driving at any speed, the instrument panel flashed, the temperature gauge fluctuated from cold to hot, the speedometer went to zero, and the oil and ABS warning lights illuminated. The failure recurred continuously. The vehicle was driven to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the brake actuator associated with the ABS failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 136,000.

- Richmond, TX, USA

May 282016

Camry

Periodically when driving or at a stop, the speedometer goes to zero, the emergency brake and ABS lights go on, temperature gauge occasionally goes to cold, and the tachometer gauge fluctuates. Toyota dealer says it's the brake actuator ECU which, just for the part, runs around $2000. I see a recall for the hybrid but not my model and noticed other owners complaining about the same issue on the web. My car is only worth about $5000. I have owned Camry in the past but this is the first time I have any real issues with this year model. I have a 1989 that is still running with almost 350,000 miles on it. My present vehicle only has a little over 160,000.

- Yucca Valley, CA, USA

May 202016

Camry

My oil light comes on every time I break

- Arlington, VA, USA

May 162016

Camry

I bought my Toyota Camry in 2007 brand new. Recently I applied the brake and heard air leaking sound and the car can not be stopped immediately.. today, the check engine light is on and sent to the mechanic and found that the brake booster is defected need to replace it and cost around $1600. Having search at the internet and revealed that complaints of this issue are existed. I feel that Toyota should recall this part.

- Lakewood, CA, USA

May 132016

Camry

While running (sitting still or moving) the dashboard gauges will go crazy. The speedometer will go to 0, the brake and ABS lights will come on and the RPM may bounce around. The temp gauge may also drop to C. otherwise, the car appears fine. This can happen at any time (engine cold or warm, driving in city or highway). The length of the episodes vary from a second (or less) to 20+ minutes. From a little research, I can tell other Toyota Camry (around the same year) owners have also encountered this issue.

- Plano, TX, USA

Mar 262016

Camry

I donT have received mile of warrant coverage for brake actuator problem. They have campaigned about 177,000 car has problem on 2014. My car has big problem on 2015. I went to body shop and retail shop for brake problem with stop on the freeway before warranty expired on 2015. But they cannot fix it but the car stops on the freeway on 2014,2015 but. I continued drive the car because not enough money for the fixed. I was fixed after third time stop on the way May 2016. Toyota center charged $1,700 for fixed brake problem.

- Oak Park, CA, USA

Apr 172016

Camry

While operating the vehicle (stationary or moving) the instrument panel will intermittently provide false/no information. Some of the known symptoms include the flashing of the malfunction lights for the ABS system and parking brake, the gauge needles showing zero while moving or bouncing intermittently, and the A/C system being inoperative.

- Torrance, CA, USA

Apr 062016

Camry

My Camry has check engine light on and oil needed to be changed once again in less than 3 months. Toyota has a recall on oil burning up but they checked last time and said it's okay. Evidently it's not. The mechanic recommended brake booster for the engine light issue which costs from $750-$1,200 which is hard to afford. This kind of issue can cost your life. Toyota needs to recall this and fix it since so many other people have the same issue.

- Glen Allen, VA, USA

Apr 092016

Camry

Brake actuator failure. Brakes making chirping noise when you depress peddle. Check vsc system light come on. This is the second brake actuator failure resulting in replacement of unit.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Mar 132016

Camry

I was driving my 2007 Toyota Camry le and the ABS and brake lights came on and the RPM gauge bounce around and speedometer stops working and stays on zero and I have read a lot of complaints and should be a recall on the problem and Toyota should be held responsible for this happening to a lot and several 2007 Toyota vehicles like the Camry. My name is james sexton my cell is 901-417-2817

- Horn Lake, MS, USA

Feb 292016

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. While driving approximately 40 mph, the brake pedal was depressed with a delayed response. All the instrument panel warning indicators, including the vsc indicator illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 110,000.

- Centereach, NY, USA