- July 25: Toyota Sienna Sliding Door Lawsuit Says Systems Are Defective news | 1 days ago
- July 22: Toyota Recalls Avalon Hybrid and Camry Hybrid recalls | 4 days ago
- July 20: Southeast Toyota Distributors Recalls Tacoma and 4Runner recalls | 6 days ago
- June 29: Recall: Lexus ES 350 Cars Can Lose Steering Control recalls | 27 days ago
- June 20: Toyota Sienna Power Sliding Door Lawsuit Filed in Missouri news | 36 days ago
Oil Line Leak For Vvti
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 58,320 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 10 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (7 reports)
- dealer replaced small hose (3 reports)