- September 1: Toyota Recalls FJ Cruiser Over Failure of Steering Control
- August 17: Toyota Agrees To Fix Camry Hybrid Brake Problems
- August 15: Gulf States Toyota Recalls Tundras With Wheels That Can Fall Off
- August 6: Toyota Recalls Sienna Minivans That Could Roll Away
- August 4: Toyota and Lexus Lawsuit Filed Over Melting Dashboards
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 42,167 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (6 reports)
wheels / hubs problem