- August 18: Road Debris Causes 50,000 Crashes and 125 Deaths Annually news | 8 days ago
- August 14: Toyota Recalls RAV4 and Lexus HS 250h For 3rd Time recalls | 12 days ago
- August 10: Study: 10,000 Lives Could Be Saved For $600 Per Car news | 16 days ago
- August 6: Toyota Prius Plug-In Mileage Lawsuit Filed in Michigan news | 20 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 38 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 42,167 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (6 reports)
wheels / hubs problem