- October 8: Toyota Trucks and SUVs: The Choice of ISIS?
- September 17: Toyota Recalls 423,500 RAV4 SUVs To Fix Windshield Wiper Problems
- September 6: Southeast Toyota Distributors Recalls Prius C and 4Runner
- August 27: Toyota and Lexus Unintended Acceleration Investigation Shot Down
- August 8: The Effect 'Social Media' Has After a Car Recall
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 42,167 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (6 reports)
wheels / hubs problem