- September 15: Toyota Recalls Prius to Fix Spasmatic Airbags recalls | 12 days ago
- September 13: Toyota Sticky Dashboard Lawsuit Says Warranty Program is Useless news | 14 days ago
- September 4: Lexus Owner Sues Toyota For Not Fixing Takata Airbag news | 23 days ago
- August 18: Road Debris Causes 50,000 Crashes and 125 Deaths Annually news | 40 days ago
- August 14: Toyota Recalls RAV4 and Lexus HS 250h For 3rd Time recalls | 44 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 42,167 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (6 reports)
wheels / hubs problem