CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Camry has our “Seal of Pretty Good” but consider it tentative now that there’s an emerging excessive oil consumption problem trend.

Much like the 2007 model year, which has a higher number of complaints, owners are reporting that their engines are running out of oil awfully quick. As in, 1 quart every 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains that’s with the “normal” operating range of the 2AZ-FE while owners maintain that’s complete BS.

The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

2008 Toyota Camry accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Camry:

2008 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Mar 312012

Camry SE 4

I purchased my Toyota Camry used from Capitol City Motors in Jackson in march, overall I felt like I had a great deal. However, I realize that my dash was melting after I had tried washing and cleaning it myself and after that i went back to the dealership they basically told me that its my problem. Take it to Toyota is what they said. I don't know what to do I've exhausted all possibilities and any suggestions are welcome. Very disappointed in Mississippi with Toyota at this time.

- , Vicksburg, MS, USA