2012 Toyota Camry seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota Camry:

2012 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

May 082013

Camry 4-cyl

My girlfriend was involved in a single vehicle car wreck where she left the roadway at an approximate speed of 55mph and crashed into an embankment then rode a rock wall for about 75 feet where the car turned and flipped across the roadway. 2 of the tires were completely ripped off, the initial impact imploded the whole front quarter panel, both back corners of the car were destroyed among other parts of the car! not a single airbag went off! fortunately she suffered only minor injuries but it could have been much worse and this pisses me off severely considering I bought this vehicle for its high safety ratings! my insurance is going to look into the matter regarding the air bags not deploying but thought it would be good to bring this to your attention as well. I'd hate to see a fatality caused by the manufacturers negligence of not testing their equipment fully to meet production needs.

- Kelso, WA, USA

Mar 292013

Camry 4-cyl

While driving North of mark West springs road, sonoma, ca, we were driving through a curve, we slid of the road and went down an embankment hitting a tree causing injury to the passenger and damage to the windshield/passenger side of the vehicle. Unfortunately none of the airbags got deployed causing lacerations and contusions to the passenger's face, neck and arms.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Mar 012013

Camry 4-cyl

The Toyota Camry has been rear ended by a Ford Explorer 2002 between 40-50mph, damaging the trunk, bumper tail lights, right rear side, left side body and spare tire compartment. At the moment of the accident, were the driver and three more adult passengers inside of the vehicle on their respective seats wearing properly the seat belts at the time of the accident, the driver from the Ford Explorer was distracted looking for a radio remote control without notice the traffic almost stop when the driver of the Ford Explorer back his attention to the traffic was too late even as he manifest he has no time to press the brake pedal. After we inspect the damages I notice the airbag and seat belt light on the dashboard are on even when the car is in motion but no air bag has been deploy there is a pictures and video available for any future investigation upon request.

- Modesto, CA, USA

Nov 212012

Camry 4-cyl

I was making a left hand turn when I was T-boned by an older Honda Odyssey. My drivers side got messed up. I hit my head against the glass and got some bruising. My concern is that neither of my airbags deployed and I have curtain and with the impact at least the curtain airbag should have deployed.

- Carson, CA, USA

Jul 202012

The contact owns a 2012 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that another vehicle drove in front of her and she crashed into the side of that vehicle while driving 40 mph. None of the air bags deployed during the crash. The contact suffered from soreness in her neck due to the crash. The vehicle was towed to a repair shop where it was being inspected. The failure and current mileages were 6,200.

- Little Rock, AR, USA

Apr 302012

Camry 4-cyl

On April 30th 2012 my Camry 2012 was hit as I was making a uturn to pick up my son from school 35 mph /upon impact the car did not stop, went over the median, into the bush area, at the meantime I tried to put the car in park, the car did not stop, turned off the engine, the car did not stop, the car did not pick up speed, the whole time I was breaking but the car would not stop, it finally came to full stop upon impacting a tree. The police came and filled a report. Was surprised to see my car on the other side of the road by a tree. My car was taken to Toyota collision center in arlington tx. It took them 31 days to fix a brand new Camry 2012 that was supposed to be done in 2 weeks according to them. They tell me there is nothing wrong with the car. I have driven Camry for more than 2 decades. I know if there is a problem. I contacted Toyota corporate, they have sent an engineer specialist to check the car. They are not disclosing any information to me, they say you have to wait till you receive in mail. According to their engineer specialist, he says the recording box(something new with new Camry) there was more than one collision recorded. There was a time lapse! I have not picked up my car because I totally feel unsafe with that car!!! this had never happened to me!!! no one on earth can tell me there was nothing wrong with that car. I almost hit my son and his friend!!! the lawyers tell me since I have not hurt anyone and gotten hurt myself, there is nothing they can do. I ask you to please help me with this case! I feel if something like this happens in the highway and I kill someone or myself, then lawyers and Toyota will do something. I need help before it is too late. Thank you for listening.

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA

Feb 172012

Camry 6-cyl

I was driving aprox 30 mph when a Ford F150 truck ran a stop sign and I T boned them. None of the airbags deployed. It hit hard enough to break the windshield.

- San Antonio , TX, USA