2002 Volkswagen Passat
Worst 2002 Passat engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- oil sludge resulting in engine failure47
- stop oil pressure light on6
- ignition coils fail4
- motor mounts leaking2
- oil pump failed at low mileage2
- rattling noise from engine1
- wastegate failure1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine39
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling35
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline9
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...6
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control5
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal3
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Other Fuel ...2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Volkswagen Passat Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Passat compares to other years?
Check out our Volkswagen Passat overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Passat.