7.0

$480

1. replace faulty handsfree link (2 reports)
2009 Acura MDX electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Acura MDX:

2009 Acura MDX Owner Comments

Apr 092018

MDX LX 3.2L V6

I was having issues with dead batteries and replaced two batteries. After still continuing to experience issues with battery drainage, I had a mechanic run tests and found that the Blue Tooth Module /HFL Device was defective. I removed the module and drove with no issues for three months until I had the disposable income to purchase a new factory Bluetooth module /HFL Device from my Acura Dealer.

We replaced the module three weeks ago and I am now experiencing dead battery issues resulting from the Bluetooth module.

I am aware of a Class Action Lawsuit regarding this part . https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/840256-acura-handsfreelink-defect-class-action-lawsuit-gets-trimmed/

I am at a complete loss as to how resolve this issue. The part being electrical is not returnable to the dealership. I have no choice but to again disconnect the HFL and be out the $480.00 I paid for it.

How do I sign up for the Class Action Suit. I am reaching out to Acura but from what I have read they are not taking ownership of the problem and rectifying it so I do not have high hopes for resolution from them .

- Cheryl C., Chadds Ford, PA, US

May 102013

MDX

I've had to jump start my 2009 Acura at least a dozen times in the past 5 years. My battery would be dead without any lights left on or anything else that could have caused the battery to die. I've also replaced the battery 4 times during these past 5 years. This last time I decided to have the car towed to the dealer, which is 16 miles away. They did give me a loaner, but 2 days passed and no word on what's wrong with the car. I call them yesterday to let them know the CD player stopped working and so did the auxiliary feature where I plug my phone into the cable to be able to hear music from my phone through the audio system as well as the remote control to open the doors. I am being charged $140.00 for a diagnostic test and this morning they call to let me know they found one of the drains on the battery to be the Bluetooth hands-free link and that there is another drain which they need to still check and will need to charge me another $140 to diagnose. I told them absolutely not going to pay an extra $140 for a diagnostic test and that I've read online that the 2009 Acura MDX has electrical issues. This morning I find a class action suit for this issue with Acura from 2005 models on and joined it. The lawsuit was filed in 2016 and is still pending. No one I've spoken to at the dealer has any notion of this class action suit, or so they tell me.

Here's the link to it, in case you've had a similar issue.

- msitterson, Miami, US