2015 Acura RDX body / paint NHTSA complaints: Structure:Body

NHTSA — Structure: Body Problems

2015 Acura RDX body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Acura RDX:

2015 Acura RDX Owner Comments

Nov 232016

RDX

Takata recall. The airbag deployed while my right hand was on the 2 O'clock position. I was going about 30 mph on a city street, and hit a car that stopped suddenly in front of me. It was like a bomb blast onto my wrist, forcefully blasting out acid and air or whatever's in that airbag. I have a trauma injury and chemical burns on my wrist. There are chemical burn holes all over the dashboard as well. At first I thought my beaded bracelet had punctured my wrist. One burn looked like a cigarette burn, and within 2 hours the burn hole skin turned pitch black. Other blisters formed as the hours went by. The next morning (thanksgiving) I went to urgent care and they referred me to the emergency room. They said it was chemical burn injuries, which I am now treating. It is extremely painful. I did file an insurance claim and there is a police report, but the accident was only 3 days ago. I declined medical attention at the time of the accident, as I thought it was only a simple bruise, and at that time didn't realize that the airbag vent was by my wrist, and that I had chemical injuries.

- Northbrook, IL, USA

Nov 162015

RDX

As I was driving down us rte 95 yesterday, going over the bridge into portsmouth, nh at ~65 mph, my sunroof suddenly exploded, covering me and the interior of my car with broken glass. Fortunately, I was able to pull over to an exit just over the bridge and call for assistance. I think I avoided an accident by virtue of there not being a lot of cars near me when this happened. It was a sunny day, ~50 degrees and my car thermostat was at 67 degrees so temperature differential was not a factor. Both the state police officer and the tow truck driver opined that the window blew out from within. The officer also checked the bridge for possible falling debris that might have hit the car and found no evidence of that.

- North Berwick, ME, USA

Oct 162015

RDX

Traveling on interstate at about 74 mph the moon roof shattered without warning. The inside visor was open and the glass moon roof was closed at the time. Glass fragments dropped on top of driver and passenger.

- Wilmington, NC, USA