Stalls When Passing

2019 Acura RDX

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Acura dealer.

2019 Acura RDX engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Acura RDX:

2019 Acura RDX Owner Comments

Jan 132020

RDX A Spec 2.0L

Reported the problem to Acura many times, I was told that it was accident mitigation system, of which I know that is not true. Complained about infotainment/GPS system freezing up, of which it still does. The vehicle has been in the garage for 3 months now. I don’t even like driving the vehicle.

- Philip K., Davie, US

Jun 082019

RDX Advanced 272-Hp, 2.0L-Liter

I had been on the road for about 1.5 hours and was accelerating to an express lane. On my way over to pass, my ENGINE light started flashing and I lost engine power. Very scary as I had to cross 6 lanes of traffic with no engine power to get to shoulder. Thankfully I didn't get rear-ended or stop in the middle of the major highway. I am currently at dealership. There is no sign of my engine issue in the logs. Luckily while on the shoulder I could shut down and restart my vehicle and the engine light was no longer flashing and I had normal power. It greatly concerns me that I see several of the same complaints (from months past) and no software update or acknowledgment from the dealership of this issue.

Another side affect since this happened is IDLE STOP quit working once this problem occurred.

- Katie N., Pickens, SC, US

May 202019

RDX Advanced AWD 2.O

My Acura has "stalled" twice now while passing. Both times the car was in cruise control and lane keep assist. Both times I was overtaking a large vehicle that was to the right of me. Both times, I put the pedal to the floor, the car accelerated for only a split second, then lost all power, the engine light started blinking and went into limp mode. I had to cut across several lanes of traffic with no engine power to get the shoulder. (Very dangerous.) Both times, when I shutdown and immediately restarted the car, it then ran normally. However, both times after this happened, the car's idle start/stop function stopped working (the engine never shut off at stops).

The first time I took it to the dealership, they didn't find any code or anything wrong with it. However, whatever they did caused the idle start/stop function to start working again. This time it has been 6 days and the idle start/stop function hasn't activated once (I have not returned to dealer yet). Acura corporate claims they will have a field technician test my car, but I may have to wait weeks or months for that to happen. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

- Kevin S., Irving, TX, US