2020 Acura RDX accessories - interior problems: apple carplay disconnects

Apple Carplay Disconnects

8.0

2020 Acura RDX accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2020 Acura RDX:

2020 Acura RDX Owner Comments

May 012020

RDX 5D Aspec 4L

I purposely purchased my 2020 RDX last September because I wanted the technology. I spend a lot of time in my vehicle and run a business from my phone. I made that VERY clear to Acura on Brant when I purchased the RDX - need access to texts, calls, phone book. Fast forward a few months and the CarPlay drops after a few minutes (in the middle of a phone call, podcast, whatever). When speaking to service dept. - I was told it was my phone - nope, brand new iPhone 11. Told to make sure the cable was an Apple cable - did that. Still dropping (roughly after 13 minutes driving). Was told by the gentlemen that sold me the car that I could hook up via Bluetooth. This is true. However, you have to mess with console while you are driving and it’s distracting and dangerous - or pull over to resume your call safely.

Now doing research online I find out this has been going on since 2018. WTF? They knowingly sold me a $50K vehicle that has a defective infotainment system. That’s down right deceitful and I am truly annoyed. I’ve been a loyal Acura owner since 2006 - with the same dealership. No one is making any move to solve this problem or accept ownership. Acura has a contract with Apple and I have a contract with Acura. I am now aware of the class action suits in the States regarding the Infortainment system. I feel foolish and like I’ve been duped!

- Tamara N., burlington, ON, Canada