- November 16: Honda Recalls HR-V, Odyssey and Acura MDX For Brake Problems recalls | 28 days ago
- September 29: Honda Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 76 days ago
- September 27: Acura TL Driver Says His Takata Airbag Exploded news | 78 days ago
Acura Recall : Honda/Brake Stop Switch
2002 Acura RL
Eventually, the brake lights will not illuminate when the brakes are applied, which increases the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Switches — Brake Light
- On certain passenger vehicles, during the manufacturing process, oil was applied to the brake pedal assembly to prevent rust. This oil can leak into the brake stop switch and contaminate the electrical contacts.
- Dealers will clean any excess oil from the pedal assembly and replace the stop switch. Owner notification began May 16, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Acura at 1-800-382-2238.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.