ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2006 Audi A3 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Audi A3:

2006 Audi A3 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Mar 282017

A3

"takata recall" just contacted the Audi dealer in san antonio and the service department told they have no part to replace the airbags, which is totally unsat. Their contact information is: Audi North park, selma, san antonio tx (210) 960-6000

- Converse, TX, USA

Feb 102016

A3

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Audi A3. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V079000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Venice, CA, USA

Feb 152017

A3

Takata recall how can I be better informed of progress on this recall and more specifically when I can expect my repair

Jan 012017

Nothing

- Arlington, TX, USA

A3

Akata has reported that the driver frontal airbag inflator could potentially rupture if the vehicle is involved in a crash where the frontal airbags are designed to deploy. In the event of an inflator rupture, metal fragments could pass through the airbag cushion material, which may result in serious injury or death to vehicle occupants. Remedy: Replace driver airbag inflator. Recall status: Recall incomplete. Remedy not yet available almost a year later and remedy not yet available!!!!

- Apo, AE, USA

A3

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Audi A3. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V079000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Austin, TX, USA

Mar 152016

A3

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Audi A3. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V079000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were not available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

Jan 182017

A3

Takata recall I want this airbag remedied now as it has been over a year and no letter to change!!! if one of us are killed by tgis defective bag then someone will be paying. Get this done immediately!!!

- Zelienople, PA, USA

Jan 132017

A3

Takata recall - this recall was started in February of 2016 yet I was never informed by Audi that my vehicle needed the air bag fixed and the Audi website states that a solution is still pending. I need to know if the vehicle can already be fixed and until what date I have to take it to an Audi dealer for repair.

- Miami, FL, USA

A3

Takata recall. Recall has been in place since 02/09/2016 with no remedy. Delayed remedy continues to place the driver in harms way. When will this be corrected?

- Warwick, RI, USA

A3

Takata recall - remedy not available yet

May 162016

A3 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Audi A3. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V079000 (air bags). The part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect....updated 01/23/17 updated 03/01/17.

- Beacon, NY, USA

A3

"takata recall" I was notified in April 2016 of the recall by Audi of America. As of today, Oct. 3, 2016 I was told that they still have no timeline as to when the parts will be available to repair my vehicle. As this is a dangerous situation, potentially fatal, it is mind boggling that 6months have elapsed since the initial notification.

- Arlington, VA, USA

Sep 192016

A3

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Audi A3. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V079000 (air bags). The part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

A3

Takata recall was issued february9,2016.I purchased this car new, and lthe ldealership certainly knows my address when they send me ads. I learned of this recall on my own, no notification has been sent to me.

- Lewiston, ID, USA

Aug 012016

A3

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Audi A3. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V079000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue and failed to provide a loaner vehicle. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Capistrano Beach, CA, USA

A3

Takata recall - we got a recall back in April about the air bag and when we called Audi, they said that they had no remedy planned as they were not having anecdotal problems reported. Then just last week, we missed out on a "sweet deal" from Audi to have our air bag replaced because they had told South orlando Audi to call customers and replace the first five air bags of the owners who responded. When we finally got a hold of someone in the service department, the "sweet deal" was gone. Needless to say that we are furious that our air bag was not one of the ones to be replaced. Living in Florida, I feel as if we are driving around with a shrapnel grenade for an airbag just inches from our face. We have even called a lawyer and they have no interest in helping us either probably because they are waiting for us to get hurt by the airbag so they can get more money. When are you going to force Audi to replace our airbag?

- Orlando, FL, USA

A3 4-cyl

2006 Audi A3. Consumer writes in regards to the lack of cooperation with replacement of defective airbag recall notice 16V-079.

- Del Mar, CA, USA

Feb 162016

A3

Takata recall - since the parts aren't available to repair my vehicle I haven't been able to sell it. I wanted to sell it since March and I believe the recall was announced in Feb. The dealership can't fix it, won't take it in on trade or sell on consignment due to the recall. So I'm stuck, and the vehicle continues to depreciate and I really don't want to drive it. I acquired a company issued car in February so that prompted my to do something with my Audi. One thought was to keep it for my so to be 16 year old daughter as her car to drive to school, practice, etc. But with the discovery of the recall, I immediately decided against that...... so we are stuck with a vehicle that I still make payments on, and cover with insurance. Since I didn't have the opportunity to make an informed decision when I purchase the vehicle in 2012 as to he danger of the "takata" made airbag and don't have any option to replace this dangerous part, I think the manufacturer should take ownership and offer to buyback my vehicle. Certainly this safety issue is more important then the scandal of VW's lying about the diesel emissions.....

- Tacoma, WA, USA

Jul 142016

A3

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Audi A3. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V079000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA