ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2006 Audi A4 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Audi A4:

2006 Audi A4 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Jul 152018

A4

On 7/15/18 I had a mysterious accident in ottawa county, Michigan, where I was knocked out for several hours and I have no recollection off anything at least a few minutes before the accident. My 2006 A6 quattro 3.2 avant (station wagon) was totaled by the insurance company. The county police rescued me and sent me to the holland hospital for a series of very costly procedures. The police report wrote that the airbag was deployed. And because it was not in a major intersection, a simple stop sign at the us-31, from the information in the report, I suspect I had not faced any impending crash to have had to push the breaks hard, and my vehicle only stopped because it hit a valley shaped ditch in the middle of the highway. Because of the number of related takata airbag failures on those types of cars, by the, on both sides, I suggest a thoughrough investigation of the case. I was blessed or lucky to have not lost my life nor became seriously injured, but my financial losses and legal complications amounted to a lot. I don't know how many people are at risk of not having their lives end because of an unnecessary mechanical failure in the Audi vehicles.

- East Lansing, MI, USA

Jan 112017

A4

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Audi A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V032000 (air bags). The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact called the local dealer (authohaus lancaster, 1373 manheim pike, lancaster, (717) 299-2801) and was informed that the parts were not available and the wait time was six months. The manufacturer was not contacted. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Wrightsville, PA, USA

Feb 142018

A4

Contating Audi shrewsbury (508-581-5800) since January 2018. Talked to evan and as of today they have not advise of an appointment to change the takata passenger frontal airbag. Anytime I called they answer that have not received the airbag. 8 months"??"

- Worcester, MA, USA

Jun 202018

A4

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Audi A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 18V427000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer (Audi of wallingford, 800 S colony rd, wallingford, ct 06492, (203) 294-9000) was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available for the remedy recall. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Westhaven, CT, USA

Jan 132017

A4

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Audi A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V032000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer (Audi greenwich, 181 West putnam avenue, greenwich, ct 06830, (203) 661-1800) was unable to verify when the part would be supplied from the manufacturer. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The manufacturer was contacted. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Purchase, NY, USA

Mar 142018

A4

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Audi A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V032000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer (hoffman Audi of East hartford, 700 Connecticut blvd, East hartford, ct 06108, (860) 525-3987) was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacture was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- West Hartford, CT, USA

Jan 112017

A4 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Audi A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V032000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. Audi westwood in westwood, Massachusetts was made aware of the recall and stated that the parts were unavailable. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Newton, MA, USA

A4

Takata inflator recall I have called Audi of westwood - prime motor group - in westwood MA many times ove the past year to get an appointment. They say they will call back when they get the part. It has been more than a year and still no repair. I am driving an unsafe car and Audi of westwood does nothing. I want my airbag repaired.

- Newton, MA, USA

Jan 122018

A4

Takata recall, have contacted dealer to remedy safety issue and understand there is no current solution or anything being done about a major recall to the supplement restraint systems fitted in my vehicle. Manufacturer has no future date for safety concern being resolved. I feel unsafe driving this vehicle. Transmission failure at high mileage due to torque converter seal failure and voltage spike to solenoid 3 causing transmission temperatures to rise and result in premature failure of zf 6hp19A transmission. Have contacted manufacturer and zahnradfabrik friedrichshafen ag to report premature failure of transmission, have not heard back. Vehicle was in motion when failure occurred causing sudden speed drop on a major highway, no injuries reported but accident prone.

- Washington, NJ, USA

Mar 012018

A4

Takata recall. Takata recall. I have been waiting for over a year and there is still no information about a fix for my 2006 Audi A4. I am concerned about this as it seems it is a serious safety issue.

- Portland, OR, USA

Mar 022018

A4

"takata recall" still waiting to get approved to have the airbag replaced. Audi dealer says there is still no resolution. My car is getting old (2006). Want to get it replaced before it explodes or if there should be an accident.

- Springfield, MA, USA

Apr 012017

A4

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Audi A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V032000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. Hoffman Audi in East hartford, Connecticut was made aware of the recall and stated that the parts were unavailable. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- West Hartford, CT, USA

A4

Takata recall. Have asked my dealer to fix airbag but they keep saying there is not a remedy for this yet. Would like to get airbag fixed as soon as possible.

- Springfield, MA, USA

Jan 252017

A4

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Audi A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V032000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The local dealer (hoffman Audi of East hartford, 700 Connecticut blvd, East hartford, ct 06108) was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Killingworth, CT, USA

Nov 012017

Takata recall

- Coeur D'alene, ID, USA

Jul 012016

A4

Audi has not provided a fix to my airbag recall defective part.

- Nashua, NH, USA

Nov 062017

A4

Takata recall there has been a recall on the airbag inflators for quite some time. Apparently there is still not a remedy for my specific vehicle. I do not feel safe using my vehicle as I typically have to carry passengers. They need to fix my car!

- Shoreline, WA, USA

A4

Takata recall I have been contacting my local Audi dealer several times since January 2017 to fix this issue. Here it is November 2017, to no avail the airbag issue has not been resolved. I'm beginning to feel unsafe driving a vehicle that has problems with the airbag. My airbag repair light stays on constantly. What can I do to resolve this issue.

- Southfield, MI, USA

Sep 012016

A4

Takada recall I have been trying to get airbag recalled for over a year and I am told the 69P6 is not available. I think this is high risk since it is older and also in area of high humidity in the summer dealer states they can not get the part (air bag ) to replace it.

- Stillwater, MN, USA

Oct 312017

A4

I received the air bag recall in May 2016 and the dealer keeps telling me the parts are not in. They say do not drive the car until replaced witch is not possible

- Golden, CO, USA