- December 10: VW and Audi Models Recalled For Head Restraint Problems recalls | 1 days ago
- December 9: Audi A5 Sportback and A4 allroad Recalled recalls | 2 days ago
- December 7: Mercedes Recalls 104,600 Vehicles For Wacky Airbag Indicators recalls | 4 days ago
- December 5: Audi Q5 and Q7 Recalled Over Fuel Leaks recalls | 6 days ago
- November 14: Audi Q7 Squeaking Brakes Are Distracting, Says Lawsuit news | 27 days ago
Audi Recall 69U1: Passenger Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Explode
2009 Audi A6
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2010-2011 Audi A6 Avant, A6 Sedan and S6 Sedan vehicles, ever registered in the states of Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia, or "Zone B." Additionally, unless included in "Zone B" above, Volkswagen is recalling certain 2009 Audi A4 Cabriolet and S4 Cabriolet vehicles, and 2009-2011 Audi A6 Avant, A6 Sedan and S6 Sedan vehicles registered in the states of Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming or "Zone C." These vehicles are equipped with certain air bag inflators assembled as part of the passenger frontal air bag modules used as original equipment or replacement equipment. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger frontal air bag, these inflators may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to absolute humidity and temperature cycling.
- Audi will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger frontal air bag inflator, free of charge. Audi mailed an interim owner notification March 02, 2018. When parts to perform the recall repair become available, Audi will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger frontal air bag inflator, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in June 2018. Owners may contact Audi customer service at 1-800-253-2834. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 69U1.
- Documents (6)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Audi Date: January 18, 2018 Subject: Advance Notice – Safety Recall 69U1 – Takata Front Passenger Airbag Inflator (DIR3/DIR4) Certain 2009-2011 MY Audi Vehicles
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - PRI
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Click a tab for more information.