- October 4: Acura RDX Infotainment Lawsuit Continues For California Buyers news | 22 days ago
- September 5: Audi Start-Stop Class Action Filed in Canada news | 51 days ago
- September 2: Volkswagen Recalls Vehicles For Seat Backrest Frames recalls | 54 days ago
- August 31: Chevrolet Corvette Front Trunk Lid Recall Issued recalls | 56 days ago
- August 25: Audi Start-Stop System Class Action Filed in Virginia news | 62 days ago
Audi Recall 69R7: Passenger Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Explode
2011 Audi A6
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Frontal — Passenger Side — Inflator Module
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2005-2008 Audi A4 Sedan, A4 Avant, S4 Avant and S4 Sedan, 2007-2008 RS4 Sedan, 2004 RS4 Cabriolet, 2007-2009 A4 Cabriolet and S4 Cabriolet, 2005-2011 A6 Sedan, 2006-2011 A6 Avant, and 2007-2011 S6 Sedan vehicles. These vehicles are equipped with certain air bag inflators assembled as part of the passenger frontal air bag modules used as original equipment or replacement equipment. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger frontal air bag, these inflators may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to absolute humidity and temperature cycling.
- Audi has notified owners, and dealers will replace the passenger frontal air bag with an alternate remedy part, free of charge. The recall began June 29, 2018. Owners may contact Audi customer service at 1-800-253-2834. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 69R7. Note: This recall supersedes recalls 16V382, 17V032 and 18V004 and includes vehicles that may have had their air bag previously replaced under one of those campaigns.
- Documents (19)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-2
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - REVISION Subject Passenger Frontal Airbag (Takata) Revision Summary Updated instructions for the mandatory Takata parts return process in Appendix B. Release Date July 21, 2018
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: November 02, 2018 Addition of GFF Claiming – Safety Recall 69R7 / Passenger Frontal Airbag (Takata)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-3
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Date February 19, 2019 Campaign Tip
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2018-4
- Audi_Takata FAQ's_June 2019
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - 69R7 Audi Customer Letter USA
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: June 28, 2018 Repair Available – Safety Recall 69R7 / Passenger Frontal Airbag (Takata)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - 69R7 Audi Customer Letter PRI
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Subject Passenger Frontal Airbag (Takata) Release Date June 29, 2018
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2019-3
- Miscellaneous Document - Vehicle list as supplied by VW
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-2
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
Click a tab for more information.