- March 19: Audi Recalls A3 and RS 3 Cars To Replace Head Restraints recalls | 1 days ago
- March 15: Volkswagen Charged by the SEC For Defrauding Investors news | 5 days ago
- March 6: Audi Recalls Vehicles That May Leak Fuel From The Fuel Rails recalls | 14 days ago
- March 5: Audi Q7 Brake Squeal Lawsuit Has No Valid Claims: Audi news | 15 days ago
- January 27: Four More Audi Managers Indicted in the U.S. news | 52 days ago
Audi Recall 82C1: Auxiliary Heater Connector May Overheat
2016 Audi A6
The extra resistance can cause the connector to overheat, increasing the risk of a fire.
Electrical System — Wiring
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2015-2016 Audi A6 Sedans and 2015 Audi A7 vehicles. The auxiliary heater electrical connector on these vehicles may have been incorrectly inserted into the auxiliary heater, possibly resulting in increased electrical resistance.
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the auxiliary heater connector, replacing the auxiliary heater and connector, as necessary, free of charge. Interim notices informing owners of the safety risk were mailed January 31, 2019. Owners will receive a second notice when the remedy is available, anticipated in March 2019. Owners may contact Audi customer service at 1-800-253-2834. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 82C1.
Click a tab for more information.