- December 29: VW Sunroof Leak Lawsuit Alleges Warranty Is Worthless news | 23 days ago
- December 6: About 1.4 Million Takata Non-Azide Driver Inflators Recalled recalls | 46 days ago
- November 23: Rear Seat Belt Reminder Systems Are Still Needed news | 59 days ago
Audi Recall : Vw/Air Bag Ground Contact Wire
1996 Audi Cabriolet
Activation of the air bag under these conditions can cause personal injury.
Air Bags — Frontal
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. The discharge of static electricity under low humidity conditions can activate the driver side air bag when the driver enters or exits the vehicle and forms an electrical circuit by touching certain areas of the steering wheel.
- Dealers will install a ground wire on the driver side air bag.
Click a tab for more information.