- September 7: Audi Recalls A3 Cars Because the Engines Can Stall recalls | 16 days ago
- August 17: Audi Start-Stop Lawsuit Says Rollaway Danger Exists news | 37 days ago
- August 13: Former Audi and VW 'Clean Diesel' Owners/Lessees File Lawsuit news | 41 days ago
- July 9: Audi Recalls Q3 SUVs Over Brake Light Problems recalls | 76 days ago
- July 9: Millions of Cars May Be At Risk of Gas Leaks investigations | 76 days ago
1996 Audi Cabriolet
2 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 1996 Audi Cabriolet
Official recalls have been issued for the 1996 Audi Cabriolet by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Audi service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Audi customer service.
1996 Audi Cabriolet AIR BAGS:FRONTAL NHTSA Campaign #97V175000
Summary: Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. The discharge of static electricity under low humidity conditions can activate the driver side air bag when the driver enters or exits the vehicle and forms an electrical circuit by touching certain areas of the steering wheel.
Consequence: Activation of the air bag under these conditions can cause personal injury.
Actions: Dealers will install a ground wire on the driver side air bag. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #97V175000 »
1996 Audi Cabriolet ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:IGNITION:SWITCH NHTSA Campaign #96V017000
Summary: Defective ignition switches were improperly manufactured and can cause some electrical accessories to malfunction.
Consequence: Some electrical accessories, such as, turn signals, windshield wipers, lamps, power wind0ws and air conditioners can malfunction when the car is started.
Actions: Dealers will replace the ignition switch. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #96V017000 »