- January 19: Audi Recalls A4, A6, S4 and S6 For Takata Airbags recalls | 3 days ago
- January 16: Audi Defeat Device Lawsuit Should Be Dismissed: Automaker news | 6 days ago
- December 31: VW Says Former Owners of 'Clean Diesel' Vehicles Don't Have a Case news | 22 days ago
- December 30: Audi Recalls A5 to Fix Head Curtain Airbag Problems recalls | 23 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 25 days ago
1996 Audi Cabriolet
2 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 1996 Audi Cabriolet
Official recalls have been issued for the 1996 Audi Cabriolet by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Audi service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Audi customer service.
1996 Audi Cabriolet AIR BAGS:FRONTAL NHTSA Campaign #97V175000
Summary: Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. The discharge of static electricity under low humidity conditions can activate the driver side air bag when the driver enters or exits the vehicle and forms an electrical circuit by touching certain areas of the steering wheel.
Consequence: Activation of the air bag under these conditions can cause personal injury.
Actions: Dealers will install a ground wire on the driver side air bag. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #97V175000 »
1996 Audi Cabriolet ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:IGNITION:SWITCH NHTSA Campaign #96V017000
Summary: Defective ignition switches were improperly manufactured and can cause some electrical accessories to malfunction.
Consequence: Some electrical accessories, such as, turn signals, windshield wipers, lamps, power wind0ws and air conditioners can malfunction when the car is started.
Actions: Dealers will replace the ignition switch. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #96V017000 »