- August 6: Toyota RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrids Recalled For Backup Cameras recalls | 13 days ago
- August 1: Audi Recalls A4, A5, S4 and S5 Vehicles For Airbag Failures recalls | 18 days ago
- July 11: Acura RDX Infotainment Lawsuit Alleges Systems Fail news | 39 days ago
- June 28: Audi Recalls 148,000 Q5 and SQ5 SUVs For Loose Trim recalls | 52 days ago
- June 28: Audi Recalls A3, RS3 and S3 For Airbag Failures recalls | 52 days ago
Audi Recall 45G6: Crash Avoidance Parking Brake Use/FMVSS 108
2017 Audi Q3
A vehicle approaching from behind may not have any warning that the vehicle is stopping, increasing the risk of a crash.
Exterior Lighting — Brake Lights
Forward Collision Avoidance — Crash Imminent Braking
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2016-2017 Audi Q3 vehicles. If the parking brake is used during emergency braking, the brake lights on the vehicle will not activate. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 108, "Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment."
- Audi will notify owners, and dealers will update the vehicle software, free of charge. The recall began July 31, 2017. Owners may contact Audi customer service at 1-800-253-2834. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 45G6.
- Documents (9)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Non-Compliance 573 Report/FMVSS 108
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Audi Date: July 06, 2017 Subject: Advance Notice Compliance Recall 45G6 – Brake Lights Don’t Activate During Emergency Brake Application Certain 2016-2017 MY Audi Q3
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Audi Date July 11, 2017
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Audi Date: July 10, 2017 Subject: Repair Available for Compliance Recall 45G6 – Brake Lights Don’t Activate During Emergency Brake Application
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - PRI
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - USA
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.