- July 24: Volkswagen 3-Liter Diesel Fix Approved by Government news | 21 days ago
- July 22: Audi S8 and A8 Recalled to Fix Fuel Leaks recalls | 23 days ago
- July 18: Inspector General Finds NHTSA Flunked Takata Recall Test news | 27 days ago
- July 10: EPA Audit Shows Too Much Trust in Promises of Automakers news | 35 days ago
- June 30: 2018 VW and Audi Drivers: Park Your Vehicles recalls | 45 days ago
Audi Recall 69R6: Driver's Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Rupture
2009 Audi Q5
In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, the inflator could explode with metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants potentially resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Frontal — Driver Side Inflator Module
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2009-2012 Audi Q5 and 2010-2012 Audi A5 Cabriolet and S5 Cabriolet vehicles. Upon deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, excessive internal pressure may cause the inflator to explode.
- Audi will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's frontal air bag inflator with an alternative inflator, free of charge. The recall began February 23, 2018. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-253-2834. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 69R6. Note: This recall partially supersedes recall 16V-078.
- Documents (6)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - PRI
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Audi Date: January 30, 2018 Subject: Safety Recall 69R6 – Driver Frontal Airbag Inflator (Takata) Certain 2009-2013 MY Audi Vehicles Equipped with a Takata Driver Frontal Airbag
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - February 1, 2018
Click a tab for more information.