- March 20: Audi Q7 Recall Involves Incorrect Certification Labels recalls | 2 days ago
- February 22: Volvo Car Battery Drain Lawsuit Blames RDAR news | 28 days ago
- February 7: Honda Fit and Honda HR-V Recalled Over Backup Camera Images recalls | 43 days ago
- February 2: Petition Alleges 9 Million Hybrid/Electric Vehicles Are Defective investigations | 48 days ago
- January 31: Volvo Group North America Recall Failures to Cost $130 Million news | 50 days ago
Excessive Brake Noise/Squeaking
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 29,700 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
- No one has added a helpful site for this 2012 S4 problem yet. Be the first!
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Shortly after purchasing used vehicle (2012 Audi S4), brake noise was very loud and embarrassing. Dealer told me I had to replace brakes/rotors so I did. ($1,000 with 1 year warranty) Now, 9 months later, exact same problem is occurring and still getting same response from dealer and Audi customer service as quoted here: "The majority of today’s vehicles use semi-metallic brake pads, which offer excellent performance. Because of the metal-to-metal contact involving semi-metallic pads, the sounds generated by the brake system under normal operation can be greater than the sounds produced by vehicles equipped with previous-generation brake pads. Depending on the local environment, weather conditions and individual driving patterns, sounds from the braking system may be more or less apparent.
Frequent, aggressive brake application increases the wear of the brake components and can reduce the potential for brake noise. Frequent, light brake application allows glazing to develop on the brake surface, which increases the potential for brake noise."
Bunch of crap as I've tried that over and over again. I even came down a very steep mountain pass and the noise was there shortly after again. Only happens when slow braking in town of course which is very annoying/embarrassing after paying extra for a "luxury" sport sedan.
Would never recommend Audi to my friends, family or maybe enemies as well.
- tlbeek77, Hyrum, UT, US