- November 20: Audi Recalls 1 Q3 For a Bolt Problem recalls | 14 days ago
- November 11: Tesla Touchscreen Warranty Adjustment Program Announced news | 23 days ago
- November 3: Audi Q7 SUVs Recalled For C-Pillar Padding recalls | 31 days ago
- October 4: Acura RDX Infotainment Lawsuit Continues For California Buyers news | 61 days ago
Audi TSB #A911380 2032706-
2011 Audi S6
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT:ELECTRICAL:RADIO/TAPE DECK/CD ETC.
- Supersedes Technical Service Bulletin Group 91 number 13-73 dated January 25, 2013. Customer complains of a "popping" noise from the radio followed by 10-15 seconds of no audio. The concern can happen in any audio source. Vehicle is equipped with MMI 3G or MMI 3G+ infotainment systems. Vehicle is not equipped with Bose or Bang & Olufsen sound systems. An ignition cycle is not required for audio to resume.The problem originates in the HD radio code, which can create a "resetting" within the radio unit. Because the tuner is always active in the background, the problem can occur regardless of the audio source or if the HD radio is on or off. It can also occur at any point that the MMI is on, but not necessarily active. For example, the customer opens a door and the MMI starts up. Even though the system is not ?on? because the ignition is not active, the tuner is running and can create the effect.
Click a tab for more information.