- November 20: Audi Recalls 1 Q3 For a Bolt Problem recalls | 14 days ago
- November 11: Tesla Touchscreen Warranty Adjustment Program Announced news | 23 days ago
- November 3: Audi Q7 SUVs Recalled For C-Pillar Padding recalls | 31 days ago
- October 4: Acura RDX Infotainment Lawsuit Continues For California Buyers news | 61 days ago
Audi TSB #AWA-13-07
2011 Audi S6
Affected Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:EXHAUST SYSTEM:EMISSION CONTROL
- As part of Audi's ongoing commitment to our environment, Audi is extending the Emissions Control Systems Warranty to cover cleaning of the engine cylinder head secondary air ports to remove carbon buildup under specific conditions to 10 years or 120,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle's original in-service date for certain 2009-12 Model Year Audi vehicles with 3.2L engine, and certain 2009-2013 Model Year Audi vehicles with 3.0T engines. The vehicle's original in-service date is defined as the date the vehicle was delivered to either the original purchaser or the original lessee; or if the vehicle was first placed in service as a "demonstrator" or "company" car, on the date such vehicle was first placed in service. The warranty extension is fully transferable to subsequent owners. Audi has determined that under certain driving conditions, carbon buildup can occur in the engine cylinder head secondary airports. Due to the presence of specific fault codes caused by this carbon buildup, the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) on the instrument cluster may illuminate. The MIL is part of the on-board diagnostic system. In some locales, an illuminated MIL could cause the vehicle to fail an IM emissions inspection, vehicle registration application could be denied. Audi will diagnose, and if necessary clean the engine cylinder head secondary air ports to remove the carbon buildup at no cost to the customer as long as the vehicle is within the time and mileage limits of the warranty extension. This warranty extension covers only the diagnosis and cleaning of the cylinder head secondary air ports to remove the carbon buildup. Reimbursement is applicable only to the repairs described in this Warranty Bulletin.
Click a tab for more information.