- July 24: Volkswagen 3-Liter Diesel Fix Approved by Government news | 28 days ago
- July 22: Audi S8 and A8 Recalled to Fix Fuel Leaks recalls | 30 days ago
- July 18: Inspector General Finds NHTSA Flunked Takata Recall Test news | 34 days ago
- July 10: EPA Audit Shows Too Much Trust in Promises of Automakers news | 42 days ago
- June 30: 2018 VW and Audi Drivers: Park Your Vehicles recalls | 52 days ago
Audi Recall 48M1: Loss Of Electric Power Steering Assist
2015 Audi SQ5
If the vehicle experiences a loss of power steering assist, extra steering effort will be required at lower speeds, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Audi SQ5 vehicles manufactured May 22, 2013, to April 14, 2015. The affected vehicles have an electric power steering assist system that may shut down in cold temperatures due to a steering motor sensor fault.
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will update the power steering control module software, free of charge. The recall began on July 31, 2015. Owners may contact Audi customer service at 1-800-253-2834. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 48M1.
- Documents (11)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - Audi
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Audi Upcoming Safety Recall 48M1
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - July 21, 2015
- Other Recall Related Documents - Audi Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-3
Click a tab for more information.