2006 BMW 325 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 325:

2006 BMW 325 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Feb 062019

325

I was sitting in class when a received a call that my car was on fire and the fire department was there to put it out. They opened my car with my keys and put out the fire as I rushed back to my house to meet the fire department. The damage is unknown at this point along with how it started. The car had not been driven for two days and was parked on the street outside of my house. The fire started under/in my engine and they luckily go there fast enough where the only visible damage was some melting within the engine. The car had not been giving me any problems prior except for going through oil a little faster than normal, but it is high mileage so that is not a huge concern.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Dec 222018

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 17V676000 (electrical system). After driving the vehicle for two miles to run an errand, the contact returned to the vehicle and smelled burning plastic. The contact opened the hood and saw flames on the left side of the engine block by the firewall. The fire department extinguished the fire. The fire department recorded the event and took pictures of the damage. A police report was not filed. The contact's hand was slightly injured, but medical attention was not received. BMW of louisville (4 autocenter dr, louisville, ky 40299, (502) 287-1501) towed the vehicle and diagnosed that the fire was caused by an oil leak and power steering fluid. The dealer stated that the contact was responsible for the repairs. The manufacturer had an investigator inspect the vehicle who confirmed what the dealer stated. It took the dealer and manufacturer five weeks to come up with their findings. The failure mileage was 140,262.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Dec 032018

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325xi. The contact stated that an unknown warning indicator illuminated, the vehicle hesitated while driving, and there was an abnormal noise when the engine was started. The contact reached out to union park BMW (1900 Pennsylvania ave, wilmington, de 19806, (302) 658-7245) several times pertaining to the failures. A technician was sent to the contact's residence and informed the contact of NHTSA campaign number: 17V676000 (electrical system). The contact was uncertain if there was an internal electrical failure, which could cause the vehicle to potentially stall and/or catch on fire. The technician indicated that the micro-filter needed to be changed, but the part was not replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was not available.

- Bear, DE, USA

Dec 122018

325

Oil cap leaking into cols and plugs

- Tullahoma, TN, USA

Sep 012018

325

When I push the brake for a complete stop, it will stop but miliseconds after that I will get jumpy. It is a safety concern for someone that is not used to the vehicle, it feels like the car is about to hit another vehicle in front of it. It happens when there is a traffic light or when I am going to park my vehicle.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Nov 232017

325

I have replaced the clutch, transmission, fuel pump, spark plugs, battery, and alternator and my car still won't run. Its been parked for a year now with the exception of 15 days.

- West Columbia, SC, USA

Oct 062018

325

Engine suddenly shot off complete stall - lost power steering on freeway while going 70 mph

- Suwanee, GA, USA

Nov 012017

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 17V676000 (engine) was received in November of 2017. After notifying the manufacturer, the contact was informed that the parts needed to remedy the defect were not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The local dealer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Gainesville, GA, USA

Jul 012018

325

The contact owned a 2006 BMW 325I. While the vehicle was parked, it spontaneously caught fire. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The passenger side air bag deployed in the process. The fire department extinguished the fire. A police report was not filed and there were no injuries. The vehicle was towed by the insurance company and deemed a total loss. The contact called a local dealer (BMW of austin, 7011 mcneil dr., austin, tx 78729, (866) 363-7879) and was informed that they would not be able to assist. The vehicle was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 109,000. The VIN was mot available.

- Round Rock, TX, USA

May 042018

325

I was trying to wait until a remember was available but IżM pregnant and now these issues have gotten worse and are more imperative my car is now smoking as I drive the power steering is now affected I just purchased a new battery and the battery light came on it stopped randomly in the middle of the street all issues which arent acceptable period but are worse given my current physical state

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Mar 062018

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. While driving unknown speeds, the contact heard an abnormal whining noise. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The contact called hansel BMW of santa rosa (2925 corby ave, santa rosa, ca), but the vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 124,000.

- Ukiah, CA, USA

Jan 212018

325

Oil keep leaking out of training. It was fixed twice so far. Back brake line keeps breaking when you drive in snow.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Dec 312013

325

Our vehicle is exactly the same as the 2007 model with the same inline six engine. The car caught fire while parked overnight in our garage due to electrical connections which remains active even though the car is not running. It had not been driven 12 hours prior to the fire. The car had less than 100,000 miles on it and had been seen by two BMW dealerships the week prior to this happening.

- Yuba City, CA, USA

Nov 112017

325

Takata recall. I received a notice in the mail from tk holdings Inc. Informing me of a recall for the vehicle. I went to airbagrecall.com and found out that there is also a recall for the blower motor wiring. I called a BMW dealership in irvine and they said that they can't help me because it doesn't show up on their system.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Nov 092016

325

Engine bolts - aluminum bolt heads were found by mechanic in engine compartment. Although mechanic has stated this does not pose safety risk, seems numerous customers with a BMW 3 series 2006 have experienced the aluminum bolt sheering off issue.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jun 182017

325

Car caught on fire in the garage 2 1/2 hours after parking. Total loss of car with damage to garage. Started in the very front engine area under the hood. Was burned so badly they could not say exactly how it started. Fire marshall suspected was due to possible cooling fan shortage. No one was around the car at the time the fire started. After reading of multiple BMW fires, I wanted to report ours also.

- Madison, NC, USA

Jun 272017

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. Approximately two hours after parking and shutting off the vehicle, it caught on fire. Flames and smoke were visible under the hood. The local fire department was called to the scene and extinguished the flames. A fire report was not filed. The cause of the failure was not determined. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The local dealer was not notified. The failure mileage was 192,000.

- Ball Ground, GA, USA

May 042009

325

Passenger air bags and seat belt wont work and BMW wont fix. Electrical:radio, climate control, headlights and windshield washer pump. Window regulators. And the worst:learning from X_employees of BMW say that BMW purposefully miss-torques oil pan, valve cover and oil filter housing so the fail right after 50,000 mile warranty. Every E90 has these problems. And window regulators all except driver side. In motion.

- Metairie, LA, USA

Oct 012016

325

Cylinder head gasket is leaking oil due to faulty broken alluminum bolt. Three bolts on the forward right side of the engine is broken maybe due to engine stress. Oil is leaking to the exhaust and I'm afraid it will cause fire. I read in the furom with the same problem. BMW should make a recall about this problem.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Jan 012015

325

My 2006 BMW 325I leaks oil. The manufacturer bolts are defective and there are others with similar issues. I'm concerned my car my catch on fire due to the oil leaks

- Newark, NJ, USA