- October 15: BMW TurboCord Charger Recall Issued For 3,500 Vehicles recalls | 4 days ago
- October 13: BMW Excessive Oil Consumption Class-Action Lawsuit Settled news | 6 days ago
- October 3: BMW Recalls X6 Vehicles For Loose Wheel Bolts recalls | 16 days ago
- September 20: European Commission Investigates BMW, Daimler and VW news | 29 days ago
- September 18: MINI Cooper Recalls Countryman For Missing Crash Plates recalls | 31 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Steering
2001 BMW X5
If this were to occur, loss of steering control could result.
Steering — Linkages — Rod — Relay — Connecting
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles. The nut that secures the axial joint of the left steering tie rod to the steering gear box may have not have been tightened securely. This could lead to loosening of the nut and, initially to steering wheel play and/or misalignment, as well as noise from the steering linkage. If vehicle operation continues, the tie rod could disconnect from the steering gear box.
- Dealers will inspect and re-torque the nut securing the axial joint of the left steering tie rod. If the torque of the nut is found to be loose, the right nut will also be checked and corrected if necessary, and a front wheel alignment will be performed.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.