- January 7: BMW Fire Class-Action Lawsuit Filed After Recalls news | 11 days ago
- December 29: BMW Fires Earn Automaker $10 Million Fine news | 20 days ago
- December 12: Feds Close BMW X5 xDrive35d Idler Pulley Bolt Investigation investigations | 37 days ago
- November 25: BMW Oil Consumption Class-Action Lawsuit Includes N63 Engines news | 54 days ago
- October 30: Recall: BMW M3 and M4 Cars Need New Driveshafts recalls | 80 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Steering
2001 BMW X5
If this were to occur, loss of steering control could result.
Steering — Linkages — Rod — Relay — Connecting
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles. The nut that secures the axial joint of the left steering tie rod to the steering gear box may have not have been tightened securely. This could lead to loosening of the nut and, initially to steering wheel play and/or misalignment, as well as noise from the steering linkage. If vehicle operation continues, the tie rod could disconnect from the steering gear box.
- Dealers will inspect and re-torque the nut securing the axial joint of the left steering tie rod. If the torque of the nut is found to be loose, the right nut will also be checked and corrected if necessary, and a front wheel alignment will be performed.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.