- April 18: Offices of Audi and Porsche Raided by German Prosecutors news | 1 days ago
- March 30: BMW Soft-Close Automatic Door Amputated Thumb: Lawsuit news | 20 days ago
- March 27: BMW Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Names X5 and 335d news | 23 days ago
- March 24: BMW M Carbon Ceramic Brake Noise Lawsuit to Continue news | 26 days ago
- March 18: 2018 BMW X3 SUVs Have Rear Spoilers That Can Detach recalls | 32 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Steering
2001 BMW X5
If this were to occur, loss of steering control could result.
Steering — Linkages — Rod — Relay — Connecting
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles. The nut that secures the axial joint of the left steering tie rod to the steering gear box may have not have been tightened securely. This could lead to loosening of the nut and, initially to steering wheel play and/or misalignment, as well as noise from the steering linkage. If vehicle operation continues, the tie rod could disconnect from the steering gear box.
- Dealers will inspect and re-torque the nut securing the axial joint of the left steering tie rod. If the torque of the nut is found to be loose, the right nut will also be checked and corrected if necessary, and a front wheel alignment will be performed.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.