- July 19: BMW M3 Rod and Main Bearings Lawsuit Filed in New Jersey news | 3 days ago
- June 27: BMW Recalls 51 Vehicles With the Wrong Steering Wheels recalls | 25 days ago
- June 12: BMW X5 xDrive35d Recalled (Again) Over Idler Pulley Bolts recalls | 40 days ago
- June 10: BMW Recalls M5 Cars Over Fuel Pump Failures recalls | 42 days ago
- June 6: BMW Recalls 335d Over Battery Cable Problems recalls | 46 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Steering
2001 BMW X5
If this were to occur, loss of steering control could result.
Steering — Linkages — Rod — Relay — Connecting
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles. The nut that secures the axial joint of the left steering tie rod to the steering gear box may have not have been tightened securely. This could lead to loosening of the nut and, initially to steering wheel play and/or misalignment, as well as noise from the steering linkage. If vehicle operation continues, the tie rod could disconnect from the steering gear box.
- Dealers will inspect and re-torque the nut securing the axial joint of the left steering tie rod. If the torque of the nut is found to be loose, the right nut will also be checked and corrected if necessary, and a front wheel alignment will be performed.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.