- September 20: European Commission Investigates BMW, Daimler and VW news | 5 days ago
- September 18: MINI Cooper Recalls Countryman For Missing Crash Plates recalls | 7 days ago
- September 3: BMW To Pay Germany Millions For Using Wrong Software news | 22 days ago
- August 22: BMW Emissions Lawsuit Is Without Facts, Says BMW news | 34 days ago
- August 15: BMW Recalls M5 Cars For Incorrect Fuel Gauges recalls | 41 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Steering Pump Pulley Bolts
2001 BMW X5
In such a case, the bolts could ultimately loosen causing the pulley to throw off the drive belt. This would result in the loss of certain engine auxiliary functions, I.e., power steering assist, water pump, or alternator. Steering effort would then be increased.
Steering — Hydraulic Power Assist — Pump
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. Due to an assembly error during vehicle production, any of the three bolts that secure the pulley to the pump may have been inadequately tightened.
- Dealers will inspect the power steering pump pulley to see if it is loose. If the pulley is not loose on the pump, the retaining bolts will be torqued to specification. If the pulley is loose, the pump, pulley, attaching bolts, and drive belt will be replaced. Owner notification began August 17, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact BMW at 1-800-831-1117.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.