- August 18: GM Hydra-Matic Transmission Lawsuit Filed in Michigan news | 3 days ago
- June 25: GM Takata Petition Says No Airbag Recall Is Necessary news | 57 days ago
- June 21: GM Hard Brake Pedals Investigated in Canada and U.S. investigations | 61 days ago
- June 20: GM 8-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 62 days ago
- June 19: Chevy Shake Class Action Lawsuit Is 'Overreach,' Argues GM news | 63 days ago
Cadillac Recall 18286: Damaged Seat Heaters Can Cause Fire
2014 Cadillac CTS
In cold ambient temperatures, the seat heaters in these vehicles can turn on automatically when the vehicle is remotely started. If a damaged seat heater is turned on while no one is inside the vehicle, the damaged seat heater can overheat, increasing the risk of a fire.
Seats — Front Assembly — Seat Heater/Cooler
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2014-2016 Cadillac CTS vehicles, equipped with heated front seats. The flexible heating mats in the front seats may be damaged over time, resulting in the seat heaters producing excessive heat.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will recalibrate the body control module, disabling the automatic activation of the heated seat when the vehicle is remotely started, free of charge. The recall began November 1, 2018. Owners may contact Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006. GM's number for the recall is 18286.
Click a tab for more information.