- January 5: Cadillac XLR Retractable Roof Investigation Closes investigations | 20 days ago
- December 30: Chevy Shake Class Action Says Driveshaft Is The Problem news | 26 days ago
- December 19: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Cadillac CT6 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled recalls | 37 days ago
- December 10: GM Fuel Pump Recall Ordered To Prevent Fires recalls | 46 days ago
- November 9: Chevy Shake Class Action Lawsuit Continues For Florida Customers news | 77 days ago
Cadillac Recall 18286: Damaged Seat Heaters Can Cause Fire
2014 Cadillac CTS
In cold ambient temperatures, the seat heaters in these vehicles can turn on automatically when the vehicle is remotely started. If a damaged seat heater is turned on while no one is inside the vehicle, the damaged seat heater can overheat, increasing the risk of a fire.
Seats — Front Assembly — Seat Heater/Cooler
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2014-2016 Cadillac CTS vehicles, equipped with heated front seats. The flexible heating mats in the front seats may be damaged over time, resulting in the seat heaters producing excessive heat.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will recalibrate the body control module, disabling the automatic activation of the heated seat when the vehicle is remotely started, free of charge. The recall began November 1, 2018. Owners may contact Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006. GM's number for the recall is 18286.
Click a tab for more information.