- January 5: GM Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 13 days ago
- January 2: Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Recalled For Seat Belts recalls | 16 days ago
- December 25: Chevy Shake Lawsuit Dismissed in Florida Court news | 24 days ago
- December 23: Cadillac Recalls Escalade and Escalade ESV SUVs recalls | 26 days ago
- November 23: GM Airbag Recall To Cover 7 Million Vehicles recalls | 56 days ago
Cadillac Recall 18286: Damaged Seat Heaters Can Cause Fire
2014 Cadillac CTS
In cold ambient temperatures, the seat heaters in these vehicles can turn on automatically when the vehicle is remotely started. If a damaged seat heater is turned on while no one is inside the vehicle, the damaged seat heater can overheat, increasing the risk of a fire.
Seats — Front Assembly — Seat Heater/Cooler
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2014-2016 Cadillac CTS vehicles, equipped with heated front seats. The flexible heating mats in the front seats may be damaged over time, resulting in the seat heaters producing excessive heat.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will recalibrate the body control module, disabling the automatic activation of the heated seat when the vehicle is remotely started, free of charge. The recall began November 1, 2018. Owners may contact Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006. GM's number for the recall is 18286.
- Documents (18)
- Safety Bulletin
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: October 26, 2018 Subject: 18286 - Safety Recall Heated Seat Fire
- 18286 US Retraction Letter 30Nov2018
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 3
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: October 09, 2018 Subject: Upcoming Safety Recall 18286 Heated Seat Fire Interim Remedy for Customer Vehicles Now Available
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-1
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Safety Recall 18286 Heated Seat Fire
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: September 24, 2018 Subject: Upcoming Safety Recall 18286 Heated Seat Fire Application for Used Vehicle Working Capital Assistance Program
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: September 07, 2018 Subject: Upcoming Safety Recall 18286 Heated Seat Fire
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-3
Click a tab for more information.