- January 19: Chrysler Recalls 317,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 3 days ago
- January 16: Chrysler Says Hacking Lawsuit Should Be Tossed Out news | 6 days ago
- January 12: Chrysler Pacifica Stalling Problems Cause Recall recalls | 10 days ago
- January 8: Alfa Romeo Giulia and Stelvio Recalled Due to Brake Fluid recalls | 14 days ago
- January 8: Chrysler Uconnect Lawsuit Continues For Kansas Customers news | 14 days ago
Engine Cradle Rot
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chrysler dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 133,708 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 12 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace engine cradle (4 reports)
- replace motor mounts (3 reports)
- not sure (2 reports)
- replaced cradle (2 reports)
- no i have not heard back from the dealership (1 reports)