- June 15: 2018 Jeep Wranglers Recalled For Loss of Steering recalls | 2 days ago
- June 15: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Recall Issued For Engine Problems recalls | 2 days ago
- June 8: Kia Recalls 507,000 Fortes, Optimas and Sedonas recalls | 9 days ago
- June 8: Chrysler Wants Pacifica Engine Stall Lawsuit Dismissed news | 9 days ago
- May 25: Chrysler Recalls Nearly 5 Million Vehicles For Cruise Control Problems recalls | 23 days ago
Engine Cradle Rot
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chrysler dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 132,850 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 13 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace engine cradle (5 reports)
- replace motor mounts (3 reports)
- not sure (2 reports)
- replaced cradle (2 reports)
- no i have not heard back from the dealership (1 reports)