- October 16: Jeep Wrangler Recall: Track Bar Brackets Separate From Frames recalls | 4 days ago
- October 9: Chrysler Recalls Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio SUVs recalls | 11 days ago
- October 2: Bosch CP4 Fuel Pump Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- October 1: EcoDiesel Emissions Lawsuit Says Chrysler Vehicles Are Illegal news | 19 days ago
- September 30: Alfa Romeo Giulias and Stelvios Recalled For Fire Risk recalls | 20 days ago
Engine Cradle Rot
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chrysler dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 130,900 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 15 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace engine cradle (6 reports)
- not sure (3 reports)
- replace motor mounts (3 reports)
- replaced cradle (2 reports)
- no i have not heard back from the dealership (1 reports)