2016 Dodge Dart electrical NHTSA complaints: Electrical System

NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

2016 Dodge Dart (Page 1 of 2)

2016 Dodge Dart electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Dodge Dart:

2016 Dodge Dart Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Dec 052019

Dart

All the lights in the vehicle vent out, the digital dashboard the touch screen everything that lights up went out. The motor almost died and started to sputter. When I accelerate it has no power then it will take off then no power. When I am stopped the idle is so low it almost dies and the entire car shakes very hard. This started while I was driving at about 30 mph.

- Billings, MT, USA

Dec 032019

Dart

The contact owns a 2016 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that she was unable to adjust the heat to defrost the windshield. She was concerned that she would be unable to see the road in the rain. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and advised the contact to take the vehicle to a nearby dealer. The manufacturer provided case number: 71380634. The failure mileage was approximately 14,000.

- Salisbury, MD, USA

Jan 012017

Dart

The passenger door will not lock from the outside. You can walk right up even if the car is locked and open the door. It is a safety concern since I have kids. I've had this issue since I've got my car new

- Springfield, MO, USA

Sep 212019

Dart

Power train & sensors related issues: I was driving on the highway@ 45mph in traffic & all of a sudden the speed idle down to 13mph in traffic without me pressing the gas pedal, I placed my emergency flashers on to let cars behind me be aware I was experiencing problems with my vehicle. The engine symbol illuminated on the dash panel as with a lightening bolt symbol, the vehicle did a surge in speed without the gas pedal being pressed, jerked & surge in speed again & I had to press the brakes to safely pull out of traffic to gain composure of what was happening with the vehicle sudden erractic behavior. No warning before hand. I cut the vehicle off for several minutes. It cranked up & the engine light illuminated still but the lightening bolt symbol hadn't. I called to see of any recalls & there was a recall for the computer module software. I was given a case number for the vehicle from the recall associate to call the local Dodge dealership & was told by one of the Dodge service associates, his sheet didn't contain that recall & wasn't able to remedy the problem.

- Gainesville, FL, USA

Aug 272019

Dart

The contact owns a 2016 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that several unknown warning indicators were illuminated on the instrument panel. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 19V293000 (power train). The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. Stuteville Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram (3001 N broadway St, poteau, ok 74953) was contacted and stated that the part was not available. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 61,000.

- Hodgen, OK, USA

Jul 032019

Dart

"takara recall" I started noticed squeaking when pressing the breaks. This automatically making me assume that my brakes/brake pads were going bad. I took it to a local shop and after checking it out they suggested the brakes were fine and that I needed to take it to the dealership. Before I was able to do so, I had complete brake failure. I was attempting to come to a stop when the brake pedal was pressed all the way down and the vehicle was not slowing nor were the brakes catching. Thus resulting in an accident. The Dart is a total loss. My life as well as my children's lives were put in danger. All airbags deployed and another vehicle was hit as well. VIN not valid

- Bowling Green, KY, USA

May 012017

Dart 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2016 Dodge Dart. The vehicle was purchased brand new, but the contact had to take the vehicle back to the dealer (bayird Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram of paragould, 6340 us 49, paragould, ar 72450.) to have the backup camera replaced three times. In addition, the dimmer switch for the instrument panel was replaced five times. Furthermore, the battery was replaced and the contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 19V293000 (power train). The contact wanted to return the vehicle under the lemon law. The manufacturer stated that they had no remedy for the failures that should have been covered under the warranty. The contact had to settle with an attorney. The backup camera was not repaired. The failure mileage was 300. Consumer stated radio now out with no ability to work on A/C control back up camera or any features such as Navigator A/C control. In shop again on 7-1 til present 7-6-19.

- Paragouyld, AR, USA

May 112019

Dart

Car is stalling and is having a hard time not dying. Tested the engine codes and nothing came back, tested battary, starter and alternator. The heater only works sometimes. The sun roof opens on it's own and will not close.

- Magna, UT, USA

Mar 192019

Dart

The contact called on behalf of the owner of a 2016 Dodge Dart. While driving approximately 65-75 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to daytona Dodge (located at 1450 N tomoka farms rd, suite a, daytona beach, fl 32124, (386) 274-0571) to be diagnosed, but the mechanic was unable to retrieve a fault code or duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure recurred several times. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 49,826.

- Port Orange, FL, USA

Nov 302018

Dart

Turn signals day time lights keep burning

- Essington, PA, USA

Nov 252018

Dart

The vehicles gauges make a noisy clicking sound after you turn off the vehicle. The lights on the dash and the lights on the steering wheel toggle on and off while this is happening.it continues for 30 to 60 minutes. You can take the key our and it still does it. This prevents me from taking any rest stop when drowsy and has nearly killed me. The noise keeps the driver awake when they try to stop and sleep.it forces the driver to drive drowsy. The dealership is apparently unable to repair it. I bought the car used and it's done it ever since I bought it. It's the most dangerous car I have ever driven.

- Hillsboro, OR, USA

Nov 042018

Dart 4-cyl

I have been recently having issue with my 2016 Dodge Dart which I have only had for exactly a year this past Oct. While driving in motion the car can just shut off. It has happened while on city streets as well as highways. I have torn my car to get testing where there is no code found and no lights come back on once the car starts up. I was told my battery was no good a couple months back replaced the battery and now car troubles again. I have been reading a lot of reviews where this is happening to a lot of people. This is extremely dangerous and I am in disbelief nothing has been done about this. Are we waiting for someone to die to take action "????" updated 11/29/18 consumer stated since the oil change there hasn't been any problems. Updated 12/12/18

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Oct 112018

Dart

I have a 2016 Dodge Dart with a 2.4 liter engine. The car has 16000 miles on it. Starting this week, the car sometimes will not start. I would put the key in the ignition, turn to start and nothing. All the lights on the dashboard come on but it won┐T turn over. I found out by accident if you move the shift lever through the gears it will start. At first I thought it was my fob needed a battery replacement, so I replaced it only to see that that was not the problem!

- Grand Terrace, CA, USA

Aug 262018

Dart

Braking system failure when trying to stop. Brakes would press down but not slow the vehicular down. The brakes would randomly fail when stopping on both highway and in urban areas. Along with that the computer would fail and the ABS light, the engine light, and the traction control light would come on along with the battery light. All the problems happen over time and randomly occurred. The fear for my safety and my family's safety should not happen when driving a newer car ! I have had a near death experience becuse this happened going down hill and I had to way to stop till the last minor as there was a sharp turn please I just want the car fixed.every occurrence happened when the vehicular was operating and in motion

- Copperas Cove, TX, USA

Jul 312018

Dart

On a daily bases my car will not start. (mornings before work, evenings after work, when ever I stop the car and come back to it.) I must start the car with a jump machine whenever I turn it off. Today the radio started going out. Once the radio goes out it feel like it wants to cut off in motion, on the street.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

May 182018

Dart

Takata recall. Car started fine drove about a 1/2 mile and turned them vehicle just died. Engine stopped dead in its tracks, ax still blowing just a little warm, radio continues to play, all lights are on as normal. But battery light is flashing. Put car in park in the middle of the road!! to restart, car starts right up and drives fine. No check engine light or any signs of problems.

- Grain Valley, MO, USA

May 302017

Dart

The instrument cluster will lose power with all the computer's emergency lights illuminated on the dash. The speedometer and tachometer both read zero. I need to use the vehicle's on-board navigation system to estimate speed on long drives. The car still drives at interstate speeds with no speedometer/tachometer reading and every emergency light on the instrument cluster illuminated. The longest distance driven using the gps was at least 50 miles. Sometimes the error lasts for only 5 to 10 miles and then the speedometer/tachometer both start to function again. I have heard a popping sound and another time when this error occurred, I smelled a burning rubber smell. Turning on and off the ignition system once or twice, clears the error on the instrument cluster. We have taken the vehicle to the same stew hansen Dodge dealer three times in the last 7 months and they cannot replicate the issue, but they can real all the error codes on their data loggers. There is a communication error between the PCM and the instrument cluster, as logged in the vehicle's computer. The dealer has attempted trouble-shooting with fca's star service and has attempted ground wire repairs and cleanings. The dealer indicated their dealership no longer could continue funding repairs to my vehicle, since they cannot replicate the exact issue and that I should make the selling dealer repair this electrical defect or lose ground wire issue.

- Ankeny, IA, USA

Aug 222017

Dart

While driving this car at multiple speeds, the car slows down and comes to a complete stop, I hear a noise and the gas pedal vibrates, the steering and gas pedal locks up. This event has happened 3 times within four days leaving from my garage, on the interstate and a city street. The car was taken to the dealership lakeland Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram and I was told the car was driven by the technician 11 miles and there was no incident and at this point the car can no longer be driven due to a gash in the tire. However, a multi-point inspection, oil change and tire rotation was done on the vehicle 8/22/2017 and a gash in the tire was not noted on any paperwork nor was it reported as a problem.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

May 052017

Dart

The contact owns a 2016 Dodge Dart. While driving 25 mph on a rainy day, the windshield wipers failed to work without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer (eastchester Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram located at 4007 boston rd, bronx, NY 10466; (718) 547-5500) where it was diagnosed and repaired, but the contact was not sure of the specific repairs. The contact stated that the failure recurred two other times. While driving in the rain, the windshield wipers failed to stop without warning. The contact stopped the windshield wipers by disconnecting the battery. The vehicle was taken to the same dealer where it was diagnosed that the body control module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired again. The manufacturer was not contacted. The approximate failure mileage was 5,000.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Dec 152015

Dart

The car shakes very uruptly at idle. You can look at the engine and see it's shaking at idle. If you turn the air conditioner on it gets worse. Radio screen will not work sometimes. Blue tooth will work then cut off then turn back on when it feels like it. Automatic headlights work then randomly not work where I have to turn them manually on. Wipers do the same as the headlights but to correct the issue for the wipers it takes turning off the car and turning it back on and out them on low. Engine will die randomly while driving the car at any speed. Gps will not load sometimes. The back up camera works when screen works but also fails when screen is working and while backing up. During take off the car will stall like no gas then it will go like it's getting gas. During cold it shifts really rough like your using a standard slamming it in gear. I have also has 2 misfire in 2 different cylinders. One was a coil pack the other was supposedly a loose connection. Took car in for all this and dealer said if their is no check engine nothing they can do even though they feel the car chair and can see the engine shaking. They tell me to come back in when light comes on. Light switch has been replaced and still faults. ECM and tcm habe been reprogrammed multiple times and problems still consist.

- Midland, TX, USA