- November 5: Dodge Durango Recall Issued Following Detached Rear Spoilers recalls | 26 days ago
- November 1: Dodge Class Action Lawsuit Involves Challengers and Chargers news | 30 days ago
- October 20: Is the Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan Worth It? Lawsuit Says No news | 42 days ago
- October 11: Dodge Dart Clutch Recall Needed, Alleges California Lawsuit news | 51 days ago
- September 13: Dodge Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed Over Hood Scoops news | 79 days ago
Dodge Preliminary Evaluation PE08052: PRNDL MISALIGNMENT
2008 Dodge Magnum
Power Train:Automatic Transmission:Lever And Linkage:Column Shift
- In a November 5, 2008 letter, Chrysler submitted a defect information report describing a defect condition that could result in prndl misalignment (I.e., incorrect gear indication) in approximately 20,300 model year (MY) 2006 through 2009 Dodge charger and Magnum police vehicles built from May 17, 2005 through October 21, 2008 (NHTSA recall no. 08V-583, Chrysler recall H37).according to Chrysler, "the gearshift cable may become disengaged from the steering column mounting bracket and cause an incorrect transmission gearshift position display.this could allow the vehicle to move inadvertently and cause a crash without warning."Chrysler dealers will remedy the defect condition by installing a redundant locking mechanism to the gearshift cable and the mounting bracket to ensure proper retention and shift linkage function. Chrysler uses a unique column shifter in these police vehicles.after PE08-052 was opened, Chrysler inspected a MY 2009 police vehicle and noted that "though the gearshift cable appeared fully seated into the steering column mounting bracket, the cable retention feature (locking pin) was not fully seated.Chrysler subsequently determined that if the retention feature is not fully seated, the cable may disengage from the mounting bracket, resulting in the shift linkage system not functioning to design intent with the potential for incorrect gear position indication via the prndl display.chysler's inspection of 59 MY 2009 Dodge charger and Magnum police vehicles in September and October found 30 where the gearshift cable was not fully engaged to the mounting bracket.there are no reported crashes or injuries related to the defect condition to date. This investigation is closed.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.