- August 21: Fiat 500 Rear Wiring Harness Lawsuit Dismissed news | 3 days ago
- August 12: 2016 Jeep Cherokee Transmission Problems Heard in Court news | 12 days ago
- June 15: Jeep Wrangler 'Death Wobble' Lawsuit Blames Steering Dampers news | 70 days ago
- June 2: Ram 1500 Recall Ordered For Broken Driveshafts recalls | 83 days ago
- May 28: Wrongful Death Lawsuit Blames 2007 Jeep Wrangler Design news | 88 days ago
Fiat Recall P42: Knee Air Bag May Deploy Improperly/FMVSS 208
2014 Fiat 500L
If the knee airbag air bag does not deploy properly during a crash, there is an increased risk of driver injury.
Air Bags — Knee Bolster
- Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Fiat 500L vehicles manufactured March 3, 2012, to July 25, 2014. Irregularities in the folding process during assembly of the driver's knee airbag may result in its improper deployment. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's knee air bag, free of charge. The recall began on September 26, 2014. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is P42.
- Documents (12)
- Noncompliance Notice(Part 573)/FMVSS 208
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Other Recall Related Documents - Disposal Fee Reimbursement
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Renotification Communication Cover Letter
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Other Recall Related Documents
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q3
Click a tab for more information.