- January 6: Jeep Wrangler Right-Hand-Drive Investigation Closed investigations | 13 days ago
- November 30: Mahindra ROXOR Is Too Similar to a Jeep, Judge Finds news | 50 days ago
- November 28: Fiat 500 Cars Recalled For Gear Shifter Failures recalls | 52 days ago
- November 10: Fiat Chrysler Didn't Meet MPG Requirements For 2017 Models news | 70 days ago
- October 28: Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Coolant Leak Recall For EGR Coolers recalls | 83 days ago
Fiat Recall P42: Knee Air Bag May Deploy Improperly/FMVSS 208
2014 Fiat 500L
If the knee airbag air bag does not deploy properly during a crash, there is an increased risk of driver injury.
Air Bags — Knee Bolster
- Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Fiat 500L vehicles manufactured March 3, 2012, to July 25, 2014. Irregularities in the folding process during assembly of the driver's knee airbag may result in its improper deployment. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's knee air bag, free of charge. The recall began on September 26, 2014. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is P42.
- Documents (12)
- Noncompliance Notice(Part 573)/FMVSS 208
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Other Recall Related Documents - Disposal Fee Reimbursement
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Renotification Communication Cover Letter
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Other Recall Related Documents
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q3
Click a tab for more information.