9.0

$830

2. replace cable (1 reports)
2015 Fiat 500e electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Fiat 500e:

2015 Fiat 500e Owner Comments

Sep 022016

500e

Spoke to FIAT USA customer service. They said to tow my car to the nearest fiat service studio. They have a case manager assigned to me, who takes her time to get back to me and now I am without a car since they have to send someone to take a look at the car since no one there knows anything about an electric vehicle. They cannot tell me when I will get my car back. I have contacted fiat customer service, spent 2 hours with NO resolution. I just have to wait without a car for how long no one can say. The charging cable almost burnt out my electrical outlet.

- Sun B., Los Angeles, CA, US

Mar 112016

500e Electric

I have 9471 miles on my Fiat 500e. 2 weeks ago I plugged it in and the plug sparked and then the charger went dead. This was an indoor receptacle in my garage with a GFI that works perfectly. I checked the receptacle and it is flawless. However the charger cable fried. Santa Monica Fiat refused to cover it under warranty and made me pay $821.25 for a new cable. Their cable was defective yet they made me pay. I would never touch an electric Fiat again after this incident.

- Jay A., Los Angeles, CA, US