- July 20: 2013 Ford Escape Stalling Problems Investigated investigations | 3 days ago
- July 18: Ford Recalls 550,000 Escapes and Fusions For Rollaway Dangers recalls | 5 days ago
- July 17: Ford Takata Class-Action Lawsuit Receives Preliminary Approval news | 6 days ago
- July 5: Ford 6.7 Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Systems Illegal news | 18 days ago
- July 4: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 19 days ago
Ford Recall : Wheelchair Lifts/Up Function Switch
2007 Ford E-450
When the platform overruns the vehicle floor level and stops at an angle from 15-20 degrees, it is possible for a person in a wheelchair to tip over and for someone standing on the platform to fall, possibly resulting in injuries.
- Elkhart coach has notified NHTSA about a defect in certain transit buses equipped with certain ricon S series and K series L-model wheelchair lifts, due to a problem in the software that controls the lift's "up" function. If the "up" switch is released before the floor level limit switch is activated, the lift may continue its upward travel for approximately 1 second before stopping. The continued upward travel may overrun the floor level cut off point.
- Elkhart coach will notify owners and the repairs will be performed by authorized ricon dealers free of charge. Currently ricon is developing a software solution and is not available. Until the software solution is available, ricon will provide owners with a bulletin outlining proper wheelchair lift operation and will ship owners a dvd-based training aid to promote proper lift operation at no cost. The safety recall began on July 27, 2010. Owners may contact ricon customer service at 800- 322-2884, emailing at email@example.com.
Click a tab for more information.