- August 16: Ford PowerShift Transmission Warranty Extension Announced news | 3 days ago
- August 15: Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Recalled For Seat Belt-Related Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- August 10: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Over Harsh Shifting news | 9 days ago
- August 9: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Filed By Troopers news | 10 days ago
- August 7: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators For 2 Problems recalls | 12 days ago
Ford Recall 17C05: Improperly Welded Windshield Header/FMVSS 214
2017 Ford Edge
If the vehicle has reduced lateral structural integrity, the occupants are at an increased risk of injury in the event of a side-impact crash.
Structure — Body — Roof And Pillars
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2017 Edge vehicles equipped with the optional Panoramic Vista Roof. These vehicles may have an improperly welded windshield header, reducing the vehicle's lateral structural integrity. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 214, "Side Impact Protection."
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will repair the windshield header, free of charge. The recall began May 18, 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for the recall is 17C05.
- Documents (10)
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report FMVSS 214
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-3
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - March 28, 2017 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice - Compliance Recall 17C05
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Media Correspondence
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TBS - April 18, 2017 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Compliance Recall 17C05
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.