- May 9: Ford Explorer Recall Includes 661,000 Vehicles recalls | 3 days ago
- April 27: Ford Mustang Transmission Lawsuit Survives news | 15 days ago
- March 28: Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 45 days ago
- March 26: Ford Edge Rattling Noise Lawsuit Blames Flexplates news | 47 days ago
- March 19: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 54 days ago
Ford TSB #SSM 48430
2020 Ford Edge
Affected Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- Some 2018-2020 Escape/Corsair, Edge, Explorer, Fusion, Transit Connect Vehicles equipped with a TCU may exhibit a "Battery Backup Component Failure" message in the cluster. This may be accompanied by DTC 1477-09 - Backup Battery Component Failure. This may be due to the TCU experiencing a sudden temperature change. To correct this condition, reprogram the TCU using the appropriate Ford diagnostic scan tool. For claiming, use causal part 14G229 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.
Click a tab for more information.