- May 9: Ford Explorer Recall Includes Nearly 617,000 Vehicles recalls | 1 days ago
- April 27: Ford Mustang Transmission Lawsuit Survives news | 13 days ago
- March 28: Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 43 days ago
- March 26: Ford Edge Rattling Noise Lawsuit Blames Flexplates news | 45 days ago
- March 19: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 52 days ago
Ford TSB #SSM 48649
2020 Ford Edge
Affected Component: UNKNOWN OR OTHER
- SSM 48649 - 2020 Various Vehicles - Equipped With Telematics Control Unit (TCU) - Incomplete User Authorization, Vehicle Connectivity/Location And/Or FordPass/LincolnWay Concerns Some 2020 Ford and Lincoln vehicles equipped with a TCU may exhibit incomplete user authorization, no authorization pop-up on the SYNC infotainment system, vehicle connectivity concerns, vehicle location disabled message and/or various FordPass/LincolnWay App command/control concerns. To correct these conditions, ensure that customer connectivity settings (CCS) are turned on in the SYNC system. If the concerns persist after CCS is turned on, turn CCS OFF, perform an ignition cycle, and turn CCS settings back on. After any CCS changes, force-close and relaunch the FordPass/ LincolnWay app on the customers phone. Once CCS is turned on, program the TCU to the latest IDS/FDRS version level. If the concern is still present, follow normal diagnostics in Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 415-00. Refer to PTS OASIS home page for TCU version identification. For claiming, use causal part 14G229.
Click a tab for more information.