- July 5: Ford 6.7 Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Systems Illegal news | 11 days ago
- July 4: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 12 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 21 days ago
- June 20: NHTSA Denies Petition to Investigate Ford and Mercury SUVs investigations | 26 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls 27 Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 33 days ago
Ford Recall 06C12: FMVSS 201/Upper Interior Head Impact
2005 Ford Escape
In the event of a vehicle crash, personal injury to occupants may occur.
Seats — Front Assembly — Head Restraint
- Certain sport utility vehicles equipped without side air curtains or moonroofs fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 201, "occupant protection in interior impact." During testing, the free motion head form registered a measurement above the permitted limit at the left hand A-pillar trim area.
- Dealers will make modifications to the energy absorbing material located above the headliner in the affected area free of charge. The recall began on May 19, 2006. Owners may contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.