- September 18: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Problems Cause Huge Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- September 13: Ford Recalls Edge and Lincoln MKX For Faulty Door Bolts recalls | 11 days ago
- September 7: Ford Recalls Edge, Flex, Lincoln MKX and Lincoln MKT recalls | 17 days ago
- September 6: Ford Recalls 2 Million F-150s After 17 U.S. Fires recalls | 18 days ago
- September 3: Ford Transmission Lawsuit Includes Fiesta and Focus Cars news | 21 days ago
Ford Recall 06C12: FMVSS 201/Upper Interior Head Impact
2005 Ford Escape
In the event of a vehicle crash, personal injury to occupants may occur.
Seats — Front Assembly — Head Restraint
- Certain sport utility vehicles equipped without side air curtains or moonroofs fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 201, "occupant protection in interior impact." During testing, the free motion head form registered a measurement above the permitted limit at the left hand A-pillar trim area.
- Dealers will make modifications to the energy absorbing material located above the headliner in the affected area free of charge. The recall began on May 19, 2006. Owners may contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.