- March 26: Ford Door Latch Recall Includes 268,000 Cars recalls | 12 days ago
- March 25: Ford E-Series Recall Ordered For Stalled Engines recalls | 13 days ago
- March 12: Ford Ranger Blower Motor Recall Issued For Second Time recalls | 26 days ago
- March 8: Ford F-150 Brake Failure Lawsuit Hangs On news | 30 days ago
- March 6: Ford Door Latch Freezing? Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 32 days ago
2012 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Ford Escape has an acceptable complaint history so far, with leaking rear window problems showing up as the main concern so far. NHTSA complaint data shows an early pattern of problems with stalling while driving.
Another concern is the 2012 Escape rolled onto its roof during an NHTSA side impact test so it only received a marginal side impact rating ... not good.
Worst 2012 Ford Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- body / paint problems54NHTSA complaints: 49
- windows / windshield problems51NHTSA complaints: 8
- AC / heater problems28NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problems19NHTSA complaints: 135
- transmission problems17NHTSA complaints: 2
- steering problems12NHTSA complaints: 62
- interior accessories problems10NHTSA complaints: 7
- exterior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 16
- fuel system problems6NHTSA complaints: 144
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 34
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 23
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- cooling system problems2
- exhaust system problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 39
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 55
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 32
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.