- May 19: Ford Recalls Super Duty Trucks Over Steering Wheel Clock Springs recalls | 7 days ago
- May 19: Ford Engine Fires: Park Your Expeditions and Lincoln Aviators Outside recalls | 7 days ago
- April 29: Ford Explorers Recalled Over Driveshaft Failures recalls | 27 days ago
- April 27: Ford Destination Charge Lawsuit Sent to Arbitration news | 29 days ago
- April 26: Ford Recalls F-250, F-350, F-450 and F-550 Super Duty Trucks recalls | 30 days ago
2012 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Ford Escape has an acceptable complaint history so far, with leaking rear window problems showing up as the main concern so far. NHTSA complaint data shows an early pattern of problems with stalling while driving.
Another concern is the 2012 Escape rolled onto its roof during an NHTSA side impact test so it only received a marginal side impact rating ... not good.
Worst 2012 Ford Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- body / paint problems59NHTSA complaints: 57
- windows / windshield problems55NHTSA complaints: 8
- AC / heater problems31
- engine problems23NHTSA complaints: 142
- transmission problems19NHTSA complaints: 2
- steering problems15NHTSA complaints: 99
- interior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 7
- exterior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 18
- fuel system problems7NHTSA complaints: 154
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 27
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 36
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 42
- cooling system problems2
- exhaust system problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 58
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 40
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.