- April 16: Ford Unintended Acceleration Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 6 days ago
- April 14: Takata Airbag Recall Loaner Car Policies Lacking news | 8 days ago
- April 13: Driverless Cars: 66 Percent of Consumers Don't Want Them news | 9 days ago
- April 12: Ford Engine Block Heater Recall Ordered Over Cords recalls | 10 days ago
- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 31 days ago
2012 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Ford Escape has an acceptable complaint history so far, with leaking rear window problems showing up as the main concern so far. NHTSA complaint data shows an early pattern of problems with stalling while driving.
Another concern is the 2012 Escape rolled onto its roof during an NHTSA side impact test so it only received a marginal side impact rating ... not good.
Worst 2012 Ford Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- body / paint problems51NHTSA complaints: 46
- windows / windshield problems50NHTSA complaints: 8
- AC / heater problems26NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problems19NHTSA complaints: 130
- transmission problems16NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems10NHTSA complaints: 6
- steering problems10NHTSA complaints: 52
- exterior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 14
- fuel system problems6NHTSA complaints: 129
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 32
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 16
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- exhaust system problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- cooling system problems1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 51
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 31
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 29
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.