- February 19: Ford Fusion Energi Recall Ordered To Prevent Electrical Shocks recalls | 1 days ago
- February 17: 1998 Ford Explorer Rollover Crash Will Cost Ford $152 Million news | 3 days ago
- February 14: Recall: Ford Mustang, Lincoln Nautilus and Lincoln Navigator recalls | 6 days ago
- February 13: Lincoln Continental Door Latch Recall Includes 28,200 Cars recalls | 7 days ago
- February 13: Ford F-150 Downshifting Problems Cause Recall of 1.5 Million Trucks recalls | 7 days ago
2012 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Ford Escape has an acceptable complaint history so far, with leaking rear window problems showing up as the main concern so far. NHTSA complaint data shows an early pattern of problems with stalling while driving.
Another concern is the 2012 Escape rolled onto its roof during an NHTSA side impact test so it only received a marginal side impact rating ... not good.
Worst 2012 Ford Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- body / paint problems50NHTSA complaints: 45
- windows / windshield problems50NHTSA complaints: 8
- AC / heater problems26NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problems18NHTSA complaints: 127
- transmission problems15NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems10NHTSA complaints: 6
- steering problems10NHTSA complaints: 48
- exterior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 14
- fuel system problems6NHTSA complaints: 128
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 32
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 16
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- exhaust system problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- cooling system problems1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 51
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 30
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 29
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.