- October 21: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Filed by Police Officer news | 1 days ago
- October 18: Ford Recalls 1.3 Million F-150 and Super Duty Trucks recalls | 4 days ago
- October 17: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Recall Needed, Safety Group Says news | 5 days ago
- October 13: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Fears Will Be Calmed news | 9 days ago
- September 27: Ford Recalls F-150, F-650 and F-750 Trucks in 3 Recalls recalls | 25 days ago
2012 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Ford Escape has an acceptable complaint history so far, with leaking rear window problems showing up as the main concern so far. NHTSA complaint data shows an early pattern of problems with stalling while driving.
Another concern is the 2012 Escape rolled onto its roof during an NHTSA side impact test so it only received a marginal side impact rating ... not good.
Worst 2012 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- windows / windshield problems42NHTSA complaints: 7
- body / paint problems32NHTSA complaints: 25
- AC / heater problems19NHTSA complaints: 1
- transmission problems14NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems10NHTSA complaints: 5
- engine problems9NHTSA complaints: 104
- steering problems7NHTSA complaints: 19
- exterior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 10
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 28
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 19
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- cooling system problems1
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 47
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 24
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 12
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.