- January 14: Ford F-250 and F-350 Super Duty Emissions Lawsuit Filed news | 3 days ago
- January 11: Takata Recall: Stop Driving Your 2006 Ford Ranger recalls | 6 days ago
- January 4: Ford Coolant Leak Recall to Begin Soon recalls | 13 days ago
- December 28: Ford Transmissions That Suddenly Downshift Under Investigation investigations | 20 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 20 days ago
2012 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Ford Escape has an acceptable complaint history so far, with leaking rear window problems showing up as the main concern so far. NHTSA complaint data shows an early pattern of problems with stalling while driving.
Another concern is the 2012 Escape rolled onto its roof during an NHTSA side impact test so it only received a marginal side impact rating ... not good.
Worst 2012 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- windows / windshield problems43NHTSA complaints: 7
- body / paint problems33NHTSA complaints: 25
- AC / heater problems21NHTSA complaints: 1
- transmission problems14NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems10NHTSA complaints: 5
- steering problems10NHTSA complaints: 19
- engine problems9NHTSA complaints: 104
- exterior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 10
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 28
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 19
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- cooling system problems1
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 47
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 24
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 12
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.