- July 20: 2013 Ford Escape Stalling Problems Investigated investigations | 1 days ago
- July 18: Ford Recalls 550,000 Escapes and Fusions For Rollaway Dangers recalls | 3 days ago
- July 17: Ford Takata Class-Action Lawsuit Receives Preliminary Approval news | 4 days ago
- July 5: Ford 6.7 Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Systems Illegal news | 16 days ago
- July 4: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 17 days ago
2012 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Ford Escape has an acceptable complaint history so far, with leaking rear window problems showing up as the main concern so far. NHTSA complaint data shows an early pattern of problems with stalling while driving.
Another concern is the 2012 Escape rolled onto its roof during an NHTSA side impact test so it only received a marginal side impact rating ... not good.
Worst 2012 Ford Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- windows / windshield problems44NHTSA complaints: 8
- body / paint problems43NHTSA complaints: 40
- AC / heater problems22NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problems15NHTSA complaints: 120
- transmission problems14NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems10NHTSA complaints: 6
- steering problems10NHTSA complaints: 30
- fuel system problems6NHTSA complaints: 122
- exterior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 13
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 28
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 16
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- exhaust system problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- cooling system problems1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 50
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 30
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 25
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.