- October 27: Ford Fusion Loose Steering Wheel Bolts Investigated investigations | 23 days ago
- October 26: Ford Recalls Transit Vans After Reports of Fires recalls | 24 days ago
- October 26: Ford Recalls 2017 F-150 Over Transmission Problems recalls | 24 days ago
- October 25: Ford Recalls 2018 F-150 Trucks For Shift Lever Problems recalls | 25 days ago
- October 22: Ford Explorer Class-Action Settlement Awaits Appeal Court news | 28 days ago
2007 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, so it's not a model year we can recommend.
Also the base model Escape did not come with side airbags so it received a "Poor" rating from the IIHS for side impact protection. Other similar 2007 models like the Toyota RAV4, Honda CR-V & Hyundai Santa Fe scored far better.
Worst 2007 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems51NHTSA complaints: 8
- engine problems33NHTSA complaints: 60
- windows / windshield problems17NHTSA complaints: 8
- electrical problems12NHTSA complaints: 17
- brakes problems9NHTSA complaints: 37
- interior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 4
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 3
- drivetrain problems5NHTSA complaints: 22
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 20
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 10
- AC / heater problems3
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 10
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 11
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- exhaust system problems2
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 17
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 7
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.