- July 15: Ford Allegedly Knew About Defective Fiesta and Focus Transmissions news | 4 days ago
- July 12: Ford Recalls Ranger SuperCab Trucks For Faulty Seat Belts recalls | 7 days ago
- July 9: Ford Focus Canister Purge Valve Recall, Take 2 recalls | 10 days ago
- June 25: Ford Recalls Econolines That May Suddenly Lose Propulsion recalls | 24 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-150 Trucks That Received Faulty Recall Repairs recalls | 36 days ago
O/D Light Flashing, Transmission Began To Slip
2007 Ford Escape (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, so it's not a model year we can recommend.
Also the base model Escape did not come with side airbags so it received a "Poor" rating from the IIHS for side impact protection. Other similar 2007 models like the Toyota RAV4, Honda CR-V & Hyundai Santa Fe scored far better.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 92,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 32 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- rebuild tranmission and replace torque converter (18 reports)
- change the transmission (10 reports)
- not sure (4 reports)