- January 18: Senators Have Questions About Ford Ranger Driver Deaths From Airbags news | 2 days ago
- January 14: Ford F-250 and F-350 Super Duty Emissions Lawsuit Filed news | 6 days ago
- January 11: Takata Recall: Stop Driving Your 2006 Ford Ranger recalls | 9 days ago
- January 4: Ford Coolant Leak Recall to Begin Soon recalls | 16 days ago
- December 28: Ford Transmissions That Suddenly Downshift Under Investigation investigations | 23 days ago
2004 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, and engine problems from the NHTSA complaint data — so it's not a model year we can recommend.
Worst 2004 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- body / paint problems26NHTSA complaints: 116
- transmission problems18NHTSA complaints: 12
- engine problems15NHTSA complaints: 127
- windows / windshield problems14NHTSA complaints: 10
- suspension problems11NHTSA complaints: 129
- interior accessories problems9NHTSA complaints: 6
- electrical problems8NHTSA complaints: 27
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 31
- exhaust system problems3NHTSA complaints: 2
- AC / heater problems2
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 18
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 51
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 38
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 15
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 11
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 6
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.