- January 18: Senators Have Questions About Ford Ranger Driver Deaths From Airbags news | 1 days ago
- January 14: Ford F-250 and F-350 Super Duty Emissions Lawsuit Filed news | 5 days ago
- January 11: Takata Recall: Stop Driving Your 2006 Ford Ranger recalls | 8 days ago
- January 4: Ford Coolant Leak Recall to Begin Soon recalls | 15 days ago
- December 28: Ford Transmissions That Suddenly Downshift Under Investigation investigations | 22 days ago
2004 Ford Escape
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, and engine problems from the NHTSA complaint data — so it's not a model year we can recommend.
Worst 2004 Escape brakes Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- squeaking brakes2
- premature wear of rotors1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes13
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic6
- NHTSA: Electronic Stability Control3
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock: Control ...2
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...2
- NHTSA: Parking Brake1
- NHTSA: Parking Brake: Conventional: Mechanical1
- NHTSA: Parking Brake: Conventional: Mechanical: Linkage ...1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Electric1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.