- September 16: Ford Explorer Wheel Hub Bearing Assemblies Recalled recalls | 3 days ago
- September 15: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Investigation Upgraded investigations | 4 days ago
- September 12: Ford PowerShift Dual-Clutch Transmission Settlement Questioned news | 7 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls F-150 and Mustang Over Deadly Airbags recalls | 19 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls Explorer, Taurus and Police Interceptors recalls | 19 days ago
2006 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: With solid trends of engine failure — $4,500 to fix at 85,000 miles avg — AND transmission failure — $3,000 to fix at 75,000 miles avg — we can't recommend the 2006 Ford Escape to anyone except your worst enemy.
Worst 2006 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems101NHTSA complaints: 24
- engine problems68NHTSA complaints: 153
- body / paint problems22NHTSA complaints: 44
- windows / windshield problems20NHTSA complaints: 15
- drivetrain problems13NHTSA complaints: 48
- interior accessories problems12NHTSA complaints: 8
- brakes problems7NHTSA complaints: 51
- electrical problems6NHTSA complaints: 24
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 14
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 35
- exhaust system problems2
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 20
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 45
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 9
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 5
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.