- February 14: Brake Fluid Leaks Cause Ford Escape and Lincoln MKC Recall recalls | 7 days ago
- February 13: 2006 Ford Ranger Owners Warned to Park the Trucks recalls | 8 days ago
- February 1: Exploding Sunroof in Ford Escape Causes Lawsuit news | 20 days ago
- January 29: Ford Focus Suspension Lawsuit is Over news | 23 days ago
- January 27: Ford Recalls 2018 Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SUVs recalls | 25 days ago
2006 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: With solid trends of engine failure — $4,500 to fix at 85,000 miles avg — AND transmission failure — $3,000 to fix at 75,000 miles avg — we can't recommend the 2006 Ford Escape to anyone except your worst enemy.
Worst 2006 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems101NHTSA complaints: 24
- engine problems69NHTSA complaints: 153
- body / paint problems23NHTSA complaints: 44
- windows / windshield problems20NHTSA complaints: 15
- interior accessories problems15NHTSA complaints: 8
- drivetrain problems13NHTSA complaints: 48
- brakes problems7NHTSA complaints: 51
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 24
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 14
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 35
- suspension problems3NHTSA complaints: 45
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 20
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 9
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.