- December 13: Stop Underrides Act: Large Trucks and Trailers Need Guards news | 5 days ago
- December 1: Ford Recalls 2018 Expedition, 2017 F-53 and F-59 recalls | 17 days ago
- December 1: Ford Recalls 202,000 Explorer SUVs and F-150 Trucks recalls | 17 days ago
- November 25: 2010 Ford Fusion Power Steering Assist Faults Investigated investigations | 23 days ago
- November 19: Feds Deny Ford and Mazda Petitions to Delay Takata Airbag Recalls news | 29 days ago
2006 Ford Escape
CarComplaints.com Notes: With solid trends of engine failure — $4,500 to fix at 85,000 miles avg — AND transmission failure — $3,000 to fix at 75,000 miles avg — we can't recommend the 2006 Ford Escape to anyone except your worst enemy.
Worst 2006 Escape brakes Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- abs light is on4
- brake caliper sticking1
- brakes and rotors wear out prematurely1
- grinding sound when braking1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes20
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic14
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Electric6
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock3
- NHTSA: Electronic Stability Control2
- NHTSA: Parking Brake2
- NHTSA: Parking Brake: Conventional: Mechanical: Linkage ...1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Switches: Brake Warning1
- NHTSA: Traction Control System1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.