- April 7: 'Vehicle Services Department' of Plano, Texas, Sued by Minnesota news | 12 days ago
- April 6: Rollaway Danger: Ford F-150, F-650, F-750 and Ford Expedition recalls | 13 days ago
- April 6: Cop Sues Ford Over Alleged Carbon Monoxide Poisoning news | 13 days ago
- April 4: Lawsuit Alleges Weak Ford F-250 Roof Killed Georgia Couple news | 15 days ago
- April 2: EPA Says Vehicle Emissions Standards Are Too High news | 17 days ago
2006 Ford Escape
CarComplaints.com Notes: With solid trends of engine failure — $4,500 to fix at 85,000 miles avg — AND transmission failure — $3,000 to fix at 75,000 miles avg — we can't recommend the 2006 Ford Escape to anyone except your worst enemy.
2006 Ford Escape Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine failure37
- gas pedal locks up19
- sds-sudden death syndrome engine failure5
- metal fatigue in a rod2
- unintended acceleration2
- engine dies when stopping after driving1
- excessive oil usage1
- oil leaks1
- throttle body not working properly1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control89
- NHTSA: Engine38
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling13
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine7
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal6
- NHTSA: Hybrid Propulsion System2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.