- January 18: Senators Have Questions About Ford Ranger Driver Deaths From Airbags news | 4 days ago
- January 14: Ford F-250 and F-350 Super Duty Emissions Lawsuit Filed news | 8 days ago
- January 11: Takata Recall: Stop Driving Your 2006 Ford Ranger recalls | 11 days ago
- January 4: Ford Coolant Leak Recall to Begin Soon recalls | 18 days ago
- December 28: Ford Transmissions That Suddenly Downshift Under Investigation investigations | 25 days ago
2006 Ford Escape
CarComplaints.com Notes: With solid trends of engine failure — $4,500 to fix at 85,000 miles avg — AND transmission failure — $3,000 to fix at 75,000 miles avg — we can't recommend the 2006 Ford Escape to anyone except your worst enemy.
Worst 2006 Escape engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine failure37
- gas pedal locks up19
- sds-sudden death syndrome engine failure5
- metal fatigue in a rod2
- unintended acceleration2
- engine dies when stopping after driving1
- excessive oil usage1
- oil leaks1
- throttle body not working properly1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control87
- NHTSA: Engine38
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling13
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine7
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal6
- NHTSA: Hybrid Propulsion System2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.