- September 14: Ford Transmission Settlement Appeal: No Settlement news | 1 days ago
- September 13: 2017 Ford Explorers Recalled After 31 Hand Injuries recalls | 2 days ago
- September 3: Ford Fuel Economy Lawsuit Says MPG Ratings False news | 12 days ago
- September 1: Ford Recalls 2019 Fiesta Over Brake Fluid Leaks recalls | 14 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls Edge, Fusion, Lincoln MKX and Lincoln MKZ recalls | 15 days ago
2004 Ford Escape
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, and engine problems from the NHTSA complaint data — so it's not a model year we can recommend.
2004 Ford Escape Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Engine Stalls/Shuts Off While Driving5
- Sudden Accleration / Surge In Speed4
- Engine Failure2
- Noise While Accelerating, Loss Of Power2
- Rough Idle1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control74
- NHTSA: Engine31
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling13
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cables11
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control6
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal5
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.