- July 5: Ford 6.7 Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Systems Illegal news | 11 days ago
- July 4: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 12 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 21 days ago
- June 20: NHTSA Denies Petition to Investigate Ford and Mercury SUVs investigations | 26 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls 27 Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 33 days ago
Ford Recall 16S19: Unexpected Transmission Downshift
2012 Ford F-150
An unexpected downshift into first gear can cause the vehicle to slow down suddenly without warning and the rear tires may slide or lock, increasing the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Ford F-150 trucks, 2012 Ford Expedition, Lincoln Navigator, and Ford Mustang vehicles. The affected vehicles are equipped with an automatic transmission that may unexpectedly downshift to first gear, regardless of vehicle speed.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will reprogram the powertrain control module with updated software, free of charge. The recall began on September 19, 2016. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16S19.
- Documents (17)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Press Release
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - April 26, 2016 SUBJECT: DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice - Safety Recall 16S19
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB ...
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-1
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.