6.7

2017 Ford Mustang drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Ford Mustang:

2017 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Jul 102018

Mustang Premium 2.3L Ecoboost

Since purchasing my wife's Premium 2.3L Ecoboost there has been a HORRIBLE "spinning, rotating, vibrating, oscillating, fan-like humming sound" coming from behind the driver and passenger seat (at the rear axle drive train location which we noted at 8,000 miles driven. It is more than just annoying, it sounds like it is in the drive train or in the torque converter, but God Only knows since the Ford Dealer SUNRISE FORD in Fort Pierce, FL said, "Yes we can hear the humming...it is probably your racing tires....why don't you go get them balanced." Such BS...I can't even believe that a Ford mechanic would put out that kind of BS instead of dropping the axle to see WHAT THE ISSUE REALLY IS....SUNRISE FORD in Ft. Pierce, FL said they'd make a "note" of the issue and to bring it back in if it is still bothering you. WE ARE GOING TO BRING IT BACK IN and also get the recalls fixed. Today, the car only still has 12,000 miles on it and it sounds even worse.

DO NOT BUY A MUSTANG PERIOD, NOT JUST FROM FORD, BUT FROM ANY DEALER LIKE SUNRISE THAT WON'T BOTHER TO GET TO THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM. JUST BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

- Robert K., Vero Beach, FL, US

Jun 142017

Mustang 3.7 3.7L V6

SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON ROAD FORCE BALANCING NEW TIRES, NEW WHEELS AND STILL VIBRATES WITH 3,500 MILES ON CAR.

- ytim, Katy, US

Sep 122016

Mustang 4 Cly. Ecoboost

Bought a new 2017 Mustang and felt a vibration when driving on the highway to work. Thought that maybe there was a tire out of balance. Called dealership to have the car looked at a week later. When I brought it to the dealer explained that there was a definite vibration , especially driving over 50 mph. You can feel it in the steering wheel and on the brake pedal when coming to a stop. They checked the tires to see if any of them were out of balance. Was told they found one tire that was out of balance and corrected that. Drove the car home and could still feel the vibration . Called the dealership back and made another appointment for a week later as I had plans to go out of town. Took the car back and waited for 2 hours while they test drove it and inspected the car. I was told they couldn't find anything wrong. Extremely frustrated with this . Decided to browse the internet looking to see if anyone else had experienced an issue like this and to my dismay found that there are a lot of people complaining of this particular problem but their Mustangs were 2015 and 2016. I will be pursuing this issue with Ford on my 2017 4cyl. EcoBoost until I get a satisfactory ending to it. I have a Shelby GT 350 on order that is due to come in this month. I only hope that car does not have the same issue or I will be screaming mad!!!

- boss429, Land O Lakes, FL, US